H4visa/H1visa

bosheng

Registered Users (C)
I am currently in USA on H1 visa and will be getting married in June. Planning to apply for H1 visa for my spouse too.

Here are the problems:

(1) File Premium H1 now - if it gets approved - She cannot fly to USA before October 1st.

(2) File Normal H1 now or about a month from now - It it takes around 3-4 months for normal processing. That way can go for H4 stamping around July 1st week-- this seems so risky-- IS IT REALLY?

(3) Come on H4 visa in July and then file for H1 if it has not reached the CAP by then(it surely will.....)... or if it has just wait for another year to get the H1.

Pls. send in ur comments.. I would specially like to know about (2).

Thanks

come into US in H4. Apply for h4 to h1. that way you all can enjoy some honeymoon time in US.

thanks for the resp. where can i get more info on applying for h4 to h1 visa status change?? if h1 quota gets filled up by the time she comes here on h4-- won't we have to wait for one year to app for h1???

thanks a ton....

Yes, you have to wait for next year if the quota is over. But there is nothing else you can do. H4 to H1 is just like applying for a new H1 and nothing else.