H4

H1 to H4

Hi

I have a H1 visa and maybe laid off . As a result I would like to go back to my H4 status. Does anyone know the procedure or time limit for the same

Could someone explain to me what the H4 is? I have been told that I will be given one when my wife receives her Green Card. What is the difference between the H4 and the Green Card? Is there an interview etc at the Embassy (UK)? What are the requirements (if any) for the H4?
Thanks

H1-B to H4

I last entered the U.S with a H4 Visa (valid till OCt 2003). After getting here I got a job and got H1-B. However my passport was never stamped. I simply got the I-94 card. Recently I quit the job. I should move back to H4 status. Is my previous H4 visa still valid ? i.e should I apply for a "change of status" or should I apply for a "new H4 visa"? What are the necessary forms to be filled ? Any ideas how long is it going to take for the state of california?

Thanks
Indira

H4 to H1 to H4

Hi Hema,

I also want to change the my status to H4 from H1. Can you please let me know, the procedure. All I know currently is that I need to fill I-539 form.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Conversion from H1 to H4

I came to this country on H4 and recently got H1. Due to the recession in USA, I did not get a job and my employer surrendered my H1. As per my lawyer, I need to re-apply for H-4. Please let me know as to how much time do I have to apply for it from the date of surrendering my H-1 Visa and what is my current status.

Pl do reply .... URGENT!!!!!
Thanks,
Aarti

Social Security Card for H4

I am in H1B. My children are in H4.
Can I get Social Security Card for them.
Two of my children are going to University next year and the
University requires SS card for admission otherwise I have to
pay the fee of a foreign student for them.

Thanks
Nirmala