H4 without valid H1B Visa Stamp ?

CoolDesiDude

Registered Users (C)
I got recently married and since my H1 stamping expired i went for both h1 and h4 stamping in chennai ..My H1 gor refusued under 221(g) asking explanation why my salary is less in 2002 ...

Because of my company lawyers advice i came into the coutry in AP (i am in i485 stage) ...My question is is it possible to get H4 for my wife in india with this (valid H1 approval but no valid stamping in passport)

Guys , Please help ...

Bharadi,

Thanks for the response. I'm on same boat as others. My wife went For H4 Visa. I dont have my Visa stamped. She is going third time, Lets see what happens?

Thanks bharad1 and desiguy24 ...

DesiGuy , What do you mean by 'she is going third time' ? ...Also can you pls let us know if there is a update ? ...thanks

bharad,

But in cooldesidude's case, I'm sure Chennai is going to look at the earlier refusal and bring up the same issue while judging on the H4.

Cool Desi,

SHe went for visa two times in the past, they refused her visa under section 221 (G). They asked my past visa history in US, and other documents nowz! However, I ahve a vaild H1-B visa until 2005,and salary matched with LCA requirements . I hope this time it works out!. But, I went to home country on travel documents!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the explanation desiguy ...I also have a valid H1 until 2005

Alren , thats a possibility ...But since my 2003/2001/2000 W2's are perfect there is also a chance to get H4 stamped , right ?

Also since they refused only my H1 stamp and not said anything about my wife's H4 do she has to say yes for the question "Did your Visa refused before ?" on the DS156 Form ?

cooldesidude,

Sorry did'nt mean to discourage you or sound pessimist. I was just pointing the possiblity. I sincerely wish and hope they will clear your wife's visa.

The answer to the refusal Q should be definetly NO.

Hi Guys , just thought of updating this thread ...

My wife went for H4 stamping this week and she got stamped ...The interesting thing is she got the same counsellor who refused our visa in the first place . This time this guy just looked at the documents and didnt asked even basic questions ! - I am very very lucky i think :)

THANK YOU GOD !!!!

Good for U and Congrats!

BTW is it not a general rule that you will not be interviewed by the same office twice ?

alren said:
Good for U and Congrats!

BTW is it not a general rule that you will not be interviewed by the same office twice ?
Maybe that rule doesn't "roll-over" to your family I guess.

From what I read, it looks like the wife went alone for her H4 interview.

max2k1 said:
Maybe that rule doesn't "roll-over" to your family I guess.

From what I read, it looks like the wife went alone for her H4 interview.
CoolDesiDude said:
The interesting thing is she got the same counsellor who refused our visa in the first place .
They went to the same officer who approved the application on the 2nd try. So she would be the part of the 1st application.