H4 Visa..urgent

gc_info2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I was laidoff by company A and my wife is having H4 based on my H1 from Company A.
I also have H1 from company B but my wife dont have H4 based on company B H1 and my Company A will cancel my H1 next month. How can I get H4 for my wife based on my Company B H1.

Thanks in advance,

Your wife's H4 is not based on your employer, it is based on your H1. If her existing H4 is valid then she does not need another H4.
You need to maintain a valid H1 status through out for her H4 to remain valid.

Hi,
I was laid off by company A and my wife is having H4 based on my H1 from Company A.
I also have H1 from company B but my wife don’t have H4 based on company B H1 and my Company A will cancel my H1 next month. How can I get H4 for my wife based on my Company B H1?

_______ 1. Your wife H4 has nothing to do with company A or company B it is linked to your H1, she is not employee of any company she is your spouse, if the company A cancels your H1b and your wife has H4 with company A name on her visa stamp it is not problem that H4 visa stamp is valid even if A cancel your h1 .
2. If you have new H1 approval notice of company B and it has validity more than the H4 visa in your wife passport then you must extend your spouse H4 if her I-94 or H4 visa sticker is going to expire in 6 months.
To EXTEND H4 of your spouse from BCIS:
Form I-539, pay the BCIS fees $140, attach copy of your H1 Approval of company B, attach your valid I-94 (front and back), your recent pay stubs (3-4) copy of your spouse I-94 (front and back) copy of your spouse Passport pages that show her photo, DOB, passport # and all pages that have US visa or entry stamps to US. You can also attach letter from new employer that you are working with them on H1 your job skills, job title and salary and request for H4 extension of your spouse (that letter is optional if you don’t attach your recent pay stubs will prove that you work) that way your spouse will get new H4 extension and new I-94 attached with her H4 extension that will be valid till the date you have H1b of company B approved