H4 visa stamping - Chennai

rbms

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My AP was approved in NSC on 04/21/04.
My wife's AP is not approved. It has same receipt date.

I have valid H1 (not visa stamping) and she has valid H4 (not visa stamping) that is valid through June 17, 2004. We are planning to return to US on Jun 10, 2004

We have to leave to India ASAP.
If she travels without approved AP, she has to get VISA stamping in Chennai consulate. She qualifies for drop box. I am little worried that if consulate delays the VISA stamping, she may be in trouble returning to US.

Can she use the AP, if it is approved after she leaves to India?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks
-Ramesh

No, She cannot.

AP has to be approved before she leaves USA. else she bandons that aplication and will have to reapply for a fresh one once she comes back.

So delay the trip for few weeks if you can, cause you may get the approval. Else you will have to take a chance of leaving her back home till she gets H$ stamped.

Which DS156 should we use for H4 ?

Hi

I am getting married next month. We took an appointment for her h4 visa stamping at chennai.
I am collecting all the documents required for her H4 now.
I went to chennai consulate web site and found the list of documents required to submit for H4.
Under Required Documents,Photos, and Fees section they mentioned
-- A fully completed and signed Visa Application Form - DS-156

and when i click on above line a pdf document got opened.

But in the same web page down below there is a link which says
Please note that all of these application forms may be downloaded from http://travel.state.gov/visaforms.html.

when I click on this link it takes to Electronic Visa application forms page where I can fill the details and then It generates the pdf on fly with the data I entered and a Barcode.
I used this method while sending my passport to St. Louis for revalidation about 3 months back.

Now my question is for my wife H4 which form should we use.
The normal pdf, which I get by clicking the first link in the page
OR the Electronic version which generates on fly with Barcode.

Please let me know what form you used when your wife or relative went for H4 recently.

Any help in this regard is appreiated

Thanks
Naga