H4 Visa reg.

manojkp

Hi,

I am on H1 visa right now, which expires on Dec 5 2003.

I am marrying in June, and my wife will be applying for H4 in
mid-June based on my H1.

My question is, is there any limit on no. of days remaining on H1 visa for H4 visa to get approved?

I heard somewhere that, H1 should have atleast 6 months remaining for H4 visa to get approved.

On a side note, is there any time limit on the earliest date to apply for H1 visa extension.

Thanks in advance.
-Manoj

I am on H1 visa right now, which expires on Dec 5 2003.

I am marrying in June, and my wife will be applying for H4 in
mid-June based on my H1.
-- That is OK
MY question is, is there any limit on no. Of days remaining on H1 visa for H4 visa to get approved?
I don’t know about any law regarding this but it is always better to apply 3-4 months advance because many consulates may delay because of security check (normally they don’t go for security check for ladies) if your wife applies in June end she will get H4 visa no problems (just have many photographs of marriage because many consulates in India now ask for these kind of photographs along with marriage certificate.)
Many consulates now want the spouse name to be added on wife passport, she can do it from nearest passport office by paying fees and application before correction on passport she has to submit affidavit also to PP office, as you have time catch hold of some agent near passport office he will get it done in few days or in one day if you pay… (Many recently posed it and my info is based on that)
I heard somewhere that, H1 should have at least 6 months remaining for H4 visa to get approved.
-- I have not read this but Passport should be valid for minimum 6 months for Visa stamping
On a side note, is there any time limit on the earliest date to apply for H1 visa extension.
---These days one should apply for 5-6 months advance (but no law says this) the law only says that you should apply for extension before your H1b or I-94 expires.
Good luck!!