H4 Visa Procedure

infotalk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on H1B currently and planning to get married in december to an indian girl. When I go for marriage I wont have enough time .. say 15-20 days. I was wondering what all procedures I need to do to get the H4 visa for her.

What is the best execution plan in this with all the marriage certificate, photographs and all that complexity?

Thanks

Get married, then apply DS-156 for your wife with your H-1B I-797 form and then she will get an H-4.
Make sure to give them marriage certificate and any other supporting documents needed for the DS-156.

Get married, then apply DS-156 for your wife with your H-1B I-797 form and then she will get an H-4.
Make sure to give them marriage certificate and any other supporting documents needed for the DS-156.

So I cannot get a visa date till I get married. Well this would be difficult then, because visa dates are hard to get. How will I do all this in 20 days.

Please help somebody with the procedure and your experience will definitely be a big plus. What things I should take care and what should be avoided and what are the best known procedures to get everything successfully done in this short time.

Hi,

I am on H1B currently and planning to get married in december to an indian girl. When I go for marriage I wont have enough time .. say 15-20 days. I was wondering what all procedures I need to do to get the H4 visa for her.

What is the best execution plan in this with all the marriage certificate, photographs and all that complexity?

Thanks

Once you get married then get marriage certificate.
Then she should book appointment for her visa stamping. She will need her passport, Form I-156, Fee, Photographs, Copy of your Passport with all the pages, your latest pay stubs, Your H1 approval notice, your employer letter that you are working on H1 status.

**If your consulate is Mumbai for visa stamp then better your wife get new passport with married name and your name as husband endorsed on passport

***You need to check the requirement from US consulate where she is going to apply H4 visa.

Once you get married then get marriage certificate.
Then she should book appointment for her visa stamping. She will need her passport, Form I-156, Fee, Photographs, Copy of your Passport with all the pages, your latest pay stubs, Your H1 approval notice, your employer letter that you are working on H1 status.

**If your consulate is Mumbai for visa stamp then better your wife get new passport with married name and your name as husband endorsed on passport

***You need to check the requirement from US consulate where she is going to apply H4 visa.

So I cannot get an appointment without a marriage certificate ? That is going to kill ...

Yes, my consulate is mumbai consulate. So here is the order

Get married
Get the certificate
Change the last name and husband stuff on passport
Get the visa interview appointment
Take the photos, passport and marriage certificate for the visa interview

Is that right ?

So I cannot get an appointment without a marriage certificate ? That is going to kill ...

Yes, my consulate is mumbai consulate. So here is the order
1. Get married (Also keep pictures of the wedding)
2 Get the Marriage certificate from Registrar of Marriage (I don’t know your area in Mumbai but in Bandra East before court you find many lawyers standing and they can get you marriage certificate next day)
3 Change the last name and husband stuff on passport (for that she need to fill new Passport application form, photographs and will attach copy of her Marriage certificate and affidavit of her name change, she can get affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper before notary public (if you talk to any agent who sits near passport office then she can get passport early)
4Get the visa interview appointment
5 Take the photos, passport and marriage certificate for the visa interview

Is that right ?
for more info She or you can call VFS service in Mumbai?

Tirupati Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Opp. Mahalakshmi Temple,
Mumbai - 400026.
Application Centre counter timing: - 0800-1300 hours & 1400-1500 hour
For General Information email us at infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com or Call our regional helpline number at Mumbai 022 - 66547600
Our agents respond to phone calls between 0800-1300 & 1400-1700 Monday through Friday excluding all-India holidays observed by the US missions

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/ApplnCentres.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: