h4 visa planning with mumbai consulate

NAUSHAD KAPOOR

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,
I am planning on getting married in India later in the year. However I would like to start planning things from now so they are no hiccups at the last minute. I would like my wife to come back with me to the US at the same time as me.

I have read about all the documents required. No issues there.

1)My main question is on the dropbox system. Now I have heard that u need to go and put in all your application and stuff there. Once you submit all these things will they give u an appt date and time ? or can u go to the consulate directly ?
I am worried because i have read that many ppl receive the passport back with denial stamp and are asked to come in for personal interview. Cant we go ahead and just go to the consulate, that would save time.

2)Also it takes minimum of 3-4 days for the marriage certificate. Can u apply for an appt immediately after the wedding without the certificate but have it in time for the visa interview ?

FYI on another note was kinda surprised when my travel agent told me that the flight i was planning on taking in Jan 2003 is already booked. Kinda surprising aint it ?

Thanks for all your help.

http://www.visa-services.com/

You can still do the interview is what I gather. If drop-off box is inconvenient use the application center method
http://www.visa-services.com/documentation-employment3.htm
Since you have to submit your passport and all docs, you can do this after gettign the marriage certificate.
You can also email mumbai consulate
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhcons.html

PS. Jan is always full. But only the rock bottom fares are gone. There is always a time frame/ window within which you have to purchase tickets for future travel (like 6 months before, 3 months before travel etc.). 6 mos before travel is the best time to look for tickets.

Not surpricing

Dec - Jan is usually booked well in advance. I tried getting a ticket for Jan 2002 in April 2001. But I did not get.

Marriage certificate takes 3-4 days.. But in India, as they say.. the processing time of any govt process depends on how much weight you put.. Hope you understand.. The point is that you can get it in one day too.. Just put more weight.

Got my H1 Visa extension from Mumbai consulate

Hi,

I got my H1 Visa stamping (exension) done from Mumbai consulate last week. I dropped my passport in Visa Services in Andheri (mumbai) (look in mumbai website youwill find exact address) on wednesday 13th, 11:30AM and I got my passport back on friday at 10AM. If you already have the H1 stamping in Mumbai consulate they will not encourage you for taking appointment. They will take it as dropbox and askfor all documentation.

Documents they ask are..

H1(797) original
Passport
Letter from employer verfiying your continued employment (most recent)
DD
Photo
(have a look at website...youwill have clear info)

I belive your wife cannot apply through drop box because this is first time for her. you have to take appointment for her at the same center. Since you anyway need to go for your wife\'s visa you can ask for appointment for your stamping also.

It was pretty cool for me. Just got it back in two days...

what!?

I have been following this board for quite a while and I haven\'t found anyone who said that their revalidation in India was denied. (Maybe it did happen - but I haven\'t seen it here)
You mentioned that you have read that many people who had their stamping denied and had to then go for an interview.
Which consulate in India did this happen?
What were the reasons they got denied?
I am looking forward to your answers
Thanks,
Siddharth

mumbai drop box photographs

Hi,
Does anyone know the specifications and number of photographs required for Mumbai drop-box?

THanks,
Siddharth

I think I did!

read the msg. As I said before this is the first time I recall reading of of a dropbox rejection, H4 H1 or whatever else.