1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

H4 Visa for New Born in Canada with Canadian Passport

Discussion in 'H-4 Issues' started by Canadianbaby, Jul 7, 2018.

  1. Canadianbaby

    Canadianbaby New Member

    Hi, there, I want to apply for a H4 visa for my new-born baby in Canada who has a Canadian passport. I am wondering if we need to visit the US Consulate or we can get the H4 visa at the border within the airport? Thanks in advance for any information.

    FYI, I am a Canadian PR, and already got my H1B visa to work in the US.
  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    Canadians do not need a visa to travel to the US in most nonimmigrant statuses, including H4. Your child would simply travel to the US on their Canadian passport, and at the port of entry present a copy of your H1b petition and the child's birth certificate showing relationship to you (the same things you would use to apply for an H4 visa for other nationalities) to be admitted into H4 status.
  3. Canadianbaby

    Canadianbaby New Member

    Thanks for the information.

Share This Page