H4 visa expires and no I-485/EAD/AP received !!!!

crystal-2001

I need help and some guidence.

I work for Big Corporation in USA on H1B visa. I have a family consists of wife, 6 year old son (both on H4 Visa) and infant daughter ( Born in USA) an American Citizen. I have filed for I-485 ( Status of Adjustment, Green Card), Advance Parole and EAD applications on Aug 23rd and waiting to recieve the notices & approvals. My H1b Visa expires on Dec 5th 2001. My Wife\'s and Son\'s H4 Visa Expires on the same date. My company lawyers are not very approachable and sharing much information. I have not received any notice ( I485/AP/EAD) as of today.

Due to family cicumstances, my family ( Wife+Son+daughter) will need to travel between Nov to Dec end. Since their H4 Visa expires and we have not received the AP or I-485 receipt due to INS delays, what should we do ? I have got Indian Tourist Visa for my daughter(infant) already

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance....

No Title

I think, they can stay in India till their H4 expires. If you get their AP by then it is OK. Even if you get the Receipt you can try at the local office for AP. But I am not sure how the stay there with expired H4. If you get their AP here when they are there or even if the AP is approved when their H4 is valid I think it will be allright and you can send them the AP. Please try to get your company attorneys to say something on this. It is very important they give their comment on it.

Check out this

Our H1 & H4 expired on 08/27/01. We had filed I-485 on 07/26/01 and notice date is 09/19/01 and got the EAD & AP by mail on 10/27/01. So you don\'t have any probs for visa expiry.

However, if they wanna travel, they need AP. If you don\'t get it before travel, either postpone the trip or approach local INS to get it with your receipt nos.

Received AP

Thanks for your response !

We received the AP on 11/13/2001. However, still have not received NDs and RDs for I-485 and EAD. The MD is 08/23/2001.