H4 visa child-- Can she study undergrad in Canada while GC is in process?

achalla

Hello Sir,
Our daughter is on H4 and is planning to apply for undergrad in Canada. If the dates become current before she is 21 , can we file I 485 for her if she is studying in Canada at that time? Will her H4 visa be still valid when she has study permit in canda? Please let me know.
Thanks

You are on H1b, right? She can only file I-485 while she is in the US. She can leave the US while I-485 is pending, even if she doesn't have Advance Parole, if she has H4 status before she leaves and she will return to the US on an H4 visa.

Hello Sir,
Our daughter is on H4 and is planning to apply for undergrad in Canada. If the dates become current before she is 21 , can we file I 485 for her if she is studying in Canada at that time? Will her H4 visa be still valid when she has study permit in canda? Please let me know.
Thanks

Hello! just wanted to get in touch. Were there any trouble in sending H4 kids to undergrad in canada? particularly were there any education permit rejections citing the reason of "close ties to home country" since the H4 kid and their family has stayed abroad for very long duration? please throw some light. thanks!

Hello! just wanted to get in touch. Were there any trouble in sending H4 kids to undergrad in canada? particularly were there any education permit rejections citing the reason of "close ties to home country" since the H4 kid and their family has stayed abroad for very long duration? please throw some light. thanks!
Hey, I am also applying for Canada for my son. Can we connect?

Hello Sir,
Thanks
Were you able to apply for Canada Study permit. I am currently in process filling application for Study permit. Let me know if we can connect.

Hello! Also I’m applying for Canada study permit for my son whose is in H4 and we filed for our H4 extension but the case is still in pending. Let me know if we can connect

Hello Sir,
Thanks
Hey, I am also applying for Canada for my son. Can we connect?
Pls let me know if we can connect

Pls let me know if we can connect

Were you able to apply for Canada Study permit. I am currently in process filling application for Study permit. Let me know if we can connect.

Can you share the process you followed for undergrad in Canada and to get Study permit.

Last edited by a moderator: