H4 validity on previous H1 cancellation ...

rp1740

Registered Users (C)
Company A applied for my H1B transfer and my wife's H4 when my earlier H1B was getting over and so was our I94. In few months, my H1B and my wife's H4 both got approved along with an extention of I94 that comes with the new H1B/H4 approval.
I later changed my employer from company A to company B. Company B applied for my new H1B transfer but not my wife's H4. Few weeks later, company A cancells my H1B visa. I should not have any problem with this since my H1B with company B was already in process. However I'm afraid wheather my wife status becomes invalid since her H4 was applied by company A through which she had also got her I94 extended. With the cancellation my H1B by my earlier employer ie A, would my wife's status become invalid? Please advice. Any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

rp1740 said:
Company A applied for my H1B transfer and my wife's H4 when my earlier H1B was getting over and so was our I94.
----- I think your company A applied for EXtension of H1 and your spouse H4 status not Transfer
In few months, my H1B and my wife's H4 both got approved along with an extention of I94 that comes with the new H1B/H4 approval.
----that is OK
I later changed my employer from company A to company B. Company B applied for my new H1B transfer but not my wife's H4. Few weeks later, company A cancells my H1B visa. I should not have any problem with this since my H1B with company B was already in process. However I'm afraid wheather my wife status becomes invalid since her H4 was applied by company A through which she had also got her I94 extended. With the cancellation my H1B by my earlier employer ie A, would my wife's status become invalid?

---I think NO, if she has valid I-94 she is in H4 status , apply her H4 extension before her I-94 expires, you can talk to company B lawyer fore more info

Please advice. Any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated.