H4 Transfer problems

SaiSri

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I don't know weather it is a problem or not. I transferred my H1B and with the application I included my wife's and Son's supplements for H4 tranfers. Now I got approved and received the H1B, but my wife and Son did not received any documents. My question is, are they supposed to receive any new H4s reflecting the change?

Thank you

Did you file Form I-539 for your spouse and Child and paid the Fees to BCIS for H4 extension at the time of H1 transfer?

if they have valid H4 and valid I-94 then they are OK even if you transfred H1/changed employer.

you should file H4 extension BEFORE H4 Visa and I-94 for your spouse and Kid get expired. Use the form I-539 and fees is $140 for each. They will have get new H4 extension and I-94 expiry date will match with your new H1 transfer. you can do it now so that they have same validity of H4 matching with your H1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ginnu
I did not included I-539, but I added a suppliment for spouce and child. And also I did not pay additional $140. Do you think this caused the problem...

Thank you

Hi SaiSri

You need to file form I-539 for you family and pay the fee for H4 transfer for family. I did that for my family.