h4 to j1

tsst

Hi
I need ur urgent advice. I require J1 visa to start my residency in July 2010. I am currently on H4(I still have 3 months left on that and my husband will be transferring H1 to a new employer in July).
I originally arrived in US on B1/B2 in April 2008,we married in US shortly after that and I changed status to H4.
Can you advice in this situation which is best step
1)Going to Canada for J1 stamping.
2)Going to India for J1 stamping(we fear rejection esp given the fact that I was given B visa from India in 2008 to take USMLE step 2CS, my visa stamp carried date and center of CS exam)
3) Change of status from H4 to J1 while remaining in US-Although may take long time seems most secure to make sure I stay in US and am able to save my residency provided the program can wait for me while COS processing is underway.
4)Also can you advice me if my husband have to request continuation of dependent H4 status for me when his H1b gets tranferred to new employer in June-July 2010.
We need urgent advice on this and preferable from competent immigration lawyer with experience in this field who we can retain to handle this case for us.
Thanks

Hi
I need ur urgent advice. I require J1 visa to start my residency in July 2010. I am currently on H4(I still have 3 months left on that and my husband will be transferring H1 to a new employer in July).
I originally arrived in US on B1/B2 in April 2008,we married in US shortly after that and I changed status to H4.
Can you advice in this situation which is best step
1)Going to Canada for J1 stamping.
2)Going to India for J1 stamping(we fear rejection esp given the fact that I was given B visa from India in 2008 to take USMLE step 2CS, my visa stamp carried date and center of CS exam)
3) Change of status from H4 to J1 while remaining in US-Although may take long time seems most secure to make sure I stay in US and am able to save my residency provided the program can wait for me while COS processing is underway.
4)Also can you advice me if my husband have to request continuation of dependent H4 status for me when his H1b gets tranferred to new employer in June-July 2010.
We need urgent advice on this and preferable from competent immigration lawyer with experience in this field who we can retain to handle this case for us.
Thanks

Most of the people in this forum are volunteers, if you need competent immigration lawyer just contact any to help you.
You can request to change H4 to J1 while in US and start ewsidency. If there is delay in the J processing time, your husband should apply for H4 for you then you will be in legal status all the time
Ask the program to start J visa paper work as soon as possible because it is lenghthy process