H4 to J1 process

waitingwa

Registered Users (C)
what are the steps required to change status from H4 to J1 ( without leaving USA for J-1 visa).

Thanks in advance

have you found any answers to your questions?
i am in the same situation and noone seems to have an advice. I am currently waiting for H4 e3xtension but will be looking into transfering into j1 since I cannot get h1 visa because of the 6th year limit...

H4 to J1 visa conversion--plz plz plz help

Guys, I am in the same boat without answers. I have my DS2019 and have taken an appt in Canada but I am not sure if it is a good idea or not. has anyone ever doen it before...or shud I be going to India? What have u both decided? please communicate. You can call me too at 901-493-9679 if you feel like discussing more.
thanks.

Hi,

I changed from F2 to J1. After getting my Ds2019, i got a date in the consulate in Halkifax, Canada. I didnt have any problems with getting my J1 issued there, the VO juts asked which school i was going and stamped my visa with a 2 yr residency clause. The whole process was pretty easy.

Thank you so much for your post. I am so releived to know that someone ahs done that successfully in Canada. Would you really mind giving your email or phone number? Infact you can call me at 901-493-9598. or email at geetikakhare@yahoo.com .I would just want to speak once before I go to Canada. My appointment is for 8th June at Ottawa. I will very much appreciate your response.
Thanks so much.

geetikakhare said:
.I would just want to speak once before I go to Canada. My appointment is for 8th June at Ottawa. I will very much appreciate your response.
Thanks so much.

Geetika,
All the best for your visa interview. Could you please share your experience after your visit?

Its v easy

It has been a year and I am sorry I didnt post my experiences. Well, it was very easy, they just wanted to see my DS2019, my valid visa before, my MS degree for which I came to US and letter from ECFMG who are my employers. Thats all. Its a well oiled machinery as they say. The interview took less than 5 minutes. It is a fairly easy process.

It has been a year and I am sorry I didnt post my experiences. Well, it was very easy, they just wanted to see my DS2019, my valid visa before, my MS degree for which I came to US and letter from ECFMG who are my employers. Thats all. Its a well oiled machinery as they say. The interview took less than 5 minutes. It is a fairly easy process.

Geetika

Thanks for taking time to respond. Hope your post helps others in this situation