H4 to H1 Stamping at Toronto!

dham

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
Hi,
My wife came here to US on a H4 visa as my dependent. Later, she switched to H1 and now we are planning to go to Toronto for her visa stamping. She obtained her bachelor's degree from India and the Toronto website says that they strongly recommend people with degrees obtained from outside of US to go back to their home countries. Has anyone faced similar situations and could you please share your experience. We have our visa appointment scheduled in a couple of days and we are still not sure if its safe to go......Any reply/feedback will be really helpful.
Thanks.

Successful H4 to H1 visa stamping in Toronto, Canada

We got our H1B visa stamping successfully without any issues at all. All they asked for was application forms, I-797 original, passport and fees. Just for formality they just asked one question: "Can you tell me about your company".
Hope you find this helpful.

Could you please give the list of docs your wife needed to carry. My wife is also on the same situation and she has her interview in Toronto on Dec13. Did your wife convert to H1 this year or last year.

thanks

Documents and Information on H4- H1

Dham, Congrats on your wife's H4 - H1 stamping.
Could you please provide more details on your wife's stamping experience.

Education of your wife - US or India ?
Experience ? US ? India ?
Questions asked during interview
Documents asked

Is toronto the better option or Montreal ?

Thanks for your help.

Wife has a bachelor's degree from India. Just to be on the safe side, we got an "Educational Verification" from Morningside Evaluation. Check with your attorney about it.

Experience from India only at the time of applying for H1.

Interview question: look at my previous post.

Documents asked - look at my previous post. Just to be on the safe side, we carried everything with us but they just asked for a few docs(prevoius post).

I have no clue about Montreal....Toronto was pretty straight forward..no issues there.

Thanks Dham. That is encouraging.

I am in a similar situation. H4 - H1 conversion stamping with experience from India. Needing to get stamped before I can start work here.

I was told Montreal or Toronto are the better choices.. I will inquire further with my office folks.

Dham/Shiv -

When did your wife come to the US ? when did they get their H1B approval ?

I came in 2005 as H4 and got my approval for Oct1st 2006, which requires stamping before work(no I94). I am taking an appt with Montreal.....

My wife came here in 2004 on H4 and go ther H1 approval this year with a start date of Oct 1, 2006. Her approval has an attached I-94 through which she can start working. Does your ask you to leave the country and obtain visa before working?

H4 to H1 Visa Stamping..

I was wondering if someone could tell me the percentage of people who got their H4 to H1 stamping done from CANADA. Is it safe to get ones first h1 stamping done from Canada?

I got my Bachelors and Masters degree from India (Medium of instruction -English), have 4 yrs of work experience from an MNC in INDIA and currently working here in US for the past 8 months. I came to US on H4 and then got my H1 in Oct 2005.

What are the chances of me not getting my visa stamped? Do I need to be aware of any new regulations etc?

Appreciate if someone can help with the same.

Thanks,
Madhuri.

H4 to H1 stamping in canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can answer my few questions:

I came on H4 in March 2002. Have not left USA since then. I was never out of status. I applied for H-1 in April 2005 and got approval in Oct 2005. I started working in 15th May 2006(I had valid H4 till 5th May 2006). I am planning to go to Canada to get my H-1 visa stamp.
1. Will I be send to India for H1 stamp ot it will be sucessfully done at toronto?
2.Will they ask my W-2? As I don't have one since I applied got SSN in February.
3. Will they ask my husband's H-1 papers and W-2?My husband has not filed me as dependent for 2005(which is applied in 2006)...since he thought i have h-1 already in my hand.

Primarily what documents are required and what documents should I carry

Please Reply. I am running out of time.
Thanks

Montreal or Toronto?

reachuma2000 said:
Thanks Dham. That is encouraging.

I am in a similar situation. H4 - H1 conversion stamping with experience from India. Needing to get stamped before I can start work here.

I was told Montreal or Toronto are the better choices.. I will inquire further with my office folks.

Is montreal better or toronto?

sgcsam said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife's case is similar to some what urs... did you go canada?? what happened to your VISA please share ur experiences it will really help her

Thanks a lot.

If you can answer my few questions:

I came on H4 in March 2002. Have not left USA since then. I was never out of status. I applied for H-1 in April 2005 and got approval in Oct 2005. I started working in 15th May 2006(I had valid H4 till 5th May 2006). I am planning to go to Canada to get my H-1 visa stamp.
1. Will I be send to India for H1 stamp ot it will be sucessfully done at toronto?
2.Will they ask my W-2? As I don't have one since I applied got SSN in February.
3. Will they ask my husband's H-1 papers and W-2?My husband has not filed me as dependent for 2005(which is applied in 2006)...since he thought i have h-1 already in my hand.

Primarily what documents are required and what documents should I carry

Please Reply. I am running out of time.
Thanks