H4 to F1

rock945

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
One of friend is on H4 and applied for a F1 conversion back in january.. she has not received the F1 approval so far.. and the university said if she does not receive by mid may she cannot join the classes.
my question is if she doesn't receive the F1 approval by mid-may,
1. can she cancel the F1 petition ?
2. Does she need to apply for H4 again or will the old H4 be valid ?

thanks

I am no lawyer...but this is from personal experience.

I don't see why the school will not allow her to attend classes in May even if her f-1 is pending. From what I know you can attend school on H-4.

My wife started school on H-4 and we converted her to an F-1 later on (change of status).

Also, the F-1 should come anyday...my wife's F-1 change of status was applied in jan. as well and we received it last week. I would not cancel the petition unless you have other reasons to...

Hang in there...hope this helps...

Hi,
One of friend is on H4 and applied for a F1 conversion back in january.. she has not received the F1 approval so far.. and the university said if she does not receive by mid may she cannot join the classes.

thanks
-

Hi,

thanks
hi,
can any one anwser this ?
1. how to cancel the F1 petition ?

thanks

H4 cancel

You should check with a lawyer, but I think if your wife leaves the country right now, while the application is still being processed, it will automatically be cancelled. But I'm not sure if her H4 stays valid or if she needs to apply again.

H4 to F1 status change issue

Hi, can anyone advise based on your experience at the CA Service Center, how long H4 to F1 conversion process in taking. I applied on March 1, 2007, but still have not heard anything. The processing time page at USCIS is still a month behind.

Thanks!:(

request advice

my wife is on H4 visa currently. She just got her admission with assistantship and as I understand to avail that she has to transfer to F 1 visa. The Fall term starts on August 20th and it is May 28th today. What would be recommended, is there enough time left to apply for adjustment of status or should she go to either canada/mexico or india for the F 1 visa. Would really appreciate someone's response as we have to decide in a day or two to let the university know.
Thanks a lot.

did you get it now

Hi, can anyone advise based on your experience at the CA Service Center, how long H4 to F1 conversion process in taking. I applied on March 1, 2007, but still have not heard anything. The processing time page at USCIS is still a month behind.

Hey, did you get it now. Coz it seems like its already been 2 and half months for your case...i am trying to decide between applying here or going to india and applying for F1 there since I am supposed to start school in august end.
Please respond. Thanks in advance

Hi,
I am on the same about. Members whoever applied for F1 VISA with in US, did you apply on your own or you consulted an attorney ? It would be great if you give your contact information for me to get in touch with you .

Thanks

Hi Sujatha,
Did you get your approval yet ? I applied on Feb 15th and haven't got approval.
Thanks,
Vasavi.

What is the age of the person applying for change of status to F1 . As i know it h4 only permit studies up to a certain level at university.Once an application is made before the H4 is up the applicant is still in status until their application is process so the school should not stop the student from attending classes. I think you should talk to a lawyer.

hi vasavip,
Not yet, its been well over 3 mo now. If you applied in Feb 15, you should have got it already. Do you know what is your notice date from CIS?

Sujata

Hi Sujatha,
The notice date is Feb 15th. Looks like they are taking a lot longer than the processing dates on the web.
Vasavi.

Hi Vasavi,

have u received F-1 approval? One of my friend (receipt notice date feb.21) got approval by mail on June 11th and another (receipt notice date March 7) got approval by email on June 13th. She is waiting for receiving the approval notice by mail. i haven't received anything till now.

CSC Processing dates have gone doen to 14 dec 2006???

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone noticed that the processing dates of CSC has become 14th Dec,2006.
Does it mean that people who have filled in March will have to wait for much longer now?
Has anybody got an approval for an application filed in March 2nd week?
Things are going weird!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

one of my friend (receipt notice date March 7) got her approval on June 18. My receipt notice date march 2, haven't received anything till now. please let me know if any one before or on March 2 got approval. In the USCIS website the processing date is now March 15, 2007.

thanks!!!

H4 to F1 doubts

Hi another_other,

I am also going to apply for my wife's F1 visa from US. she is on H4 right now.
What are the precautions needed to be taken so as to avoid rejection ?

- Can you send me the sample Cover letter you used for your application. I heard that its really important in decision of the application.

- Also is it better to show the financial amount in Banks + Stocks ( would this potray as potential immigrant since money is inside USA ?). Or should I also show some property back in India so that it shows the ties back in india ?

Please advice. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunil

I am no lawyer...but this is from personal experience.

I don't see why the school will not allow her to attend classes in May even if her f-1 is pending. From what I know you can attend school on H-4.

My wife started school on H-4 and we converted her to an F-1 later on (change of status).

Also, the F-1 should come anyday...my wife's F-1 change of status was applied in jan. as well and we received it last week. I would not cancel the petition unless you have other reasons to...

Hang in there...hope this helps...