H4 to F1 visa change

amitarak

I applied for a change of status from H4 to F1 and my receipt date is 22nd July.
I have an assistantship for Fall' 2005 but not sure whether I will receive my apporoval by August'31st.

Does anyone know how long Vermont Service Centre is taking to process the applications ?

Anyone who has recently applied and got his/her change of status approved,
if could help me , that will be great,

Thanks,

H4 to F1 status change

Hi!
I am sort of in a similar complicated situation.I too am in H4 status and am joining the university program this Fall with an assistantship.. I have a receipt date of June 24th and I still havent received any information from them. I checked the Vermont online updates and now the date for change of status from H4 to F1 is given as July 02nd. I should have got something by now,but still there is no news from them. I called the customer service centre there,but they told me that it'll take one more month.Do you know if the university will wait till we get our F1. Hope things work out for you.
Thank you.

H4 Visa and Research Assistantship

Hi,
I am on a H4 Visa. Am I eligible for Research Assistantship? I heard that student under H4 Visa can get a degree with RA. But not eligible for TA or PA or OPT or any of the campus recruitment. Is that true???
Thanks,
Srimathy

Did you guys receive your H1 visa yet? I applied at Vermont end of June and have not received anything yet.

did u find out ?

H4 doesn't allow you to earn money legally. University will pay for TA/RA positions and deduct the course fees from your salary. So you need to have F1 to join there.

But you can study by paying your own fees...

srima82 said:
Hi,
I am on a H4 Visa. Am I eligible for Research Assistantship? I heard that student under H4 Visa can get a degree with RA. But not eligible for TA or PA or OPT or any of the campus recruitment. Is that true???
Thanks,
Srimathy

F1

amitarak said:
I applied for a change of status from H4 to F1 and my receipt date is 22nd July.
I have an assistantship for Fall' 2005 but not sure whether I will receive my apporoval by August'31st.

Does anyone know how long Vermont Service Centre is taking to process the applications ?

Thanks,

Have you or anyone received their F1 visa yet? I applied for conversion from H4 to F1 in Jun 22 06 but have not heard anything on it yet. Applied at Vermont, living in NJ

amitarak said:

Thanks,
HI
I have the same kind of problem.I applied for F1 in oct 2006 and I have an assistantship for spring 2007.Will I be able to get my visa before the end of january 2007.How long did it take for you?How did you handle the situation?
How to start my study program in spring 2007?Is there any way to expedite the visa process?
Thanks in advance

ramilavc said:
Hi!
I am sort of in a similar complicated situation.I too am in H4 status and am joining the university program this Fall with an assistantship.. I have a receipt date of June 24th and I still havent received any information from them. I checked the Vermont online updates and now the date for change of status from H4 to F1 is given as July 02nd. I should have got something by now,but still there is no news from them. I called the customer service centre there,but they told me that it'll take one more month.Do you know if the university will wait till we get our F1. Hope things work out for you.
Thank you.

HI
I have the same kind of problem.I applied for F1 in oct 2006 and I have an assistantship for spring 2007.Will I be able to get my visa before the end of january 2007.How long did it take for you?How did you handle the situation?
How to start my study program in spring 2007?Is there any way to expedite the visa process?

Does anyone know how much time it takes for me to get the f1 visa approval?

Thanks in advance

please respond..

Hi gurus,

My wife is planning to go to school (H4-F1) for two years.

She is planning for H4-F1-OPT-H1B conversion. If the H1B quota is filled up by the time she applies for H1, she will have to do H4-F1-OPT-H4. My GC priority date is 12/2006(EB2) and there are no hopes that it'll become current within 2 years.

My questions are:

1. Would we need to hire an attorney for H4-F1 conversion after getting the I-20 from school or will the school take care of conversion?
2. Do you see any issues for visa stamping/greencard processing because she changed her status multiple times?
3. Would she need to be in H (H1B/H4) status when she applies for 485 or can she be on F-1?
4. If the degree takes 4 semesters, can she be on H4 status for 3 semesters(assuming she gets to pay in-state tuition) and change her status to F-1 in the final semester just to get OPT?

Thanks a lot in advance.