H4 Stamping @ Chennai: I-797 Original Required ?

reachPC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is going for H-4 stamping @Chennai Consulate in July. As per Vfs-Visa.com (visa appointment system)instructions, it specifies for original I-797 document. Can you please clarify, if it is OK to send notarized copy of I-797 or should i send the original ?

I am currently in states and i think i should always have original I-797 and passport with me. Can i apply for suplicate I-797 from uscis ? If yes, how long it will take to get the duplicate. She has interview on July 20, 2006.

Please help!!

thanks in advance. Appreciate your time and help.

reachPC

reachPC said:
Hi,

My wife is going for H-4 stamping @Chennai Consulate in July. As per Vfs-Visa.com (visa appointment system)instructions, it specifies for original I-797 document. Can you please clarify, if it is OK to send notarized copy of I-797 or should i send the original ?

I am currently in states and i think i should always have original I-797 and passport with me. Can i apply for suplicate I-797 from uscis ? If yes, how long it will take to get the duplicate. She has interview on July 20, 2006.

Please help!!

thanks in advance. Appreciate your time and help.

reachPC

It is best that you send the original I-797. Also make sure that you send a notarized copy of your passport. In Chennai consulate, they ask everything in original.

My friend's wife went for her interview this month (June 2006) - and they asked her for original I-797 when she submitted a notarized copy. Luckily, she had the original with her and she did not have any problems.

helo friend

helo dude can u help me what docs shld my wife take to h4 and how many months pay stubs are required for going to chennai embassy,,i cam her on may 21 st first time,when shld my wife and my son shld appear for h4 visa
thanksin advnce