H4 Stamping At Chennai

sraj1

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Just wanted to share info. My wife applied for H4 at Chennai, she had applied form Hyd thru TTS in Jun and it was aproved and sent wihtiin 2 weeks. Enclosed the documents as per the list on the web. Also included copies of Paystubs, W2's and Bank statement as a precaution.
Good luck.
Thnx

same with my wife

my wife had apploed for h4-h1 stamping on 06/16/03...
she got back the stamped passport today..exactly in 2 weeks:) :) :)

Did u include the photos of your workplace,paystub,w2.
Did u include the copy of stamping in your passport?
what else u submit other than regular documents?

I am planning to send papers this week for my wife's H4 Stamping.
Just to double check whether these documents are fine?

1) Original H-1B Approval Notice;
2) Employment verification,LCA and offer letter;
3) Original marriage certificate;
4) Form DS-156 to be filled by the spouse;
5) Demand Draft in the amount of Rs. 5,300;
6) Demand Draft in the amount of Rs. 3,675;
7) Spouse original passport;
8) One 2 X 2 inch (50 mm X 50 mm) photograph, color;
9) Photocopy of your H-1B filing;
10) 3 months Bank statement and 6 months pay stubs;
11) W-2's and Tax filings;
12) Work experience letters;
12) 20 - 25 wedding snaps and marriage invitation from both sides;
13) photocopy of my passport and I-94;

we had included every damn thing that they usually ask for when they send a RFE. We had included pictures in the office with the project managers outside the office with the company sign board etc. we had sent the annual reports of the company, audited tax papers, my stamped h1, all the I-94s etc etc etc..

i feel that's the reason why they didn't call her for an interview, but moreso it's a miracle as more 99% of the H4-H1 cases are usually called for interviews.

Hi,
for H4 stamping do we need to submit original I797. I am travelling to US next week. so if i send my I797 i can't travle. Can somebody reply.

thanks

Here is the list of documents submitted for H4
Originals :
- Marriage Cert
- Birth Cert
- Employment Letter
- Wedding Invitation
- Applicant's Passport
Copies
- H1B petition, I797 - (7th year extension)
- Passport all pages(36 pages) - ( H1B holder's)
- Paystubs 5 mos
- W2's - 3 yrs
- Latest Bank Statement.
DS-156
Wedding photos - 8.
Drafts for the amounts.
Passport size photos.

Copies were not notarised.
TTS were very helpful and good service. U could call ahead find out what u need to send.
I do not know if 99% of H1/H4 are called for interview. I do not think this figure is correct. If the paper work is good, chances for being called for interview are less.
Anyhow good luck.
Thnx

Last edited by a moderator:
sraj1

I noticed one of the docs that you mentioned was 7th yr H1. Was your application a case of first time H4 with the primary holder being on a 7th yr H1? Reason for asking is I'm single (and on a 7th yr H1 that expires in Dec) and the above described situation may apply to me at Chennai.

Thanks,
Tapori

H1 & H4 Stamping At Chennai

Hi!

Quick question for you guys ... when you say you got the H4 in 2 weeks, do you mean 14 days or 14 business days??

Another related question - I worked on OPT for a year, got my H1 approved and yet to get my first H1 stamp in pp. Can we apply for H4 & H1 together or is it required that I have a valid H1 stamp in my pp? Also, do you guys know if I can (or HAVE TO) schedule an interview @ Chennai in Aug (heard that there is going to be some changes - might have heard wrong!) & how long it takes to get a H1 stamp?

Thanks!
santyns

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop Down for H4 or Personal interview is reqd?

Is Drop Down still working for Chennai consulate or we need to have personal interview for H4?

h4 stamping

my wife applied through drop box for the first time for h4 it took exactly 2 weeks to get her visa.(applied on jun24 and got on july09)

Didn't submitted any extra documents apart from the documents posted in the notice board of TT services chennai.we haven't done our name endorsements in the passports after the wedding.I guess this is not mandatory for chennai.

It was scary to read everyone's issues etc but everything went fine.

Good luck guys...

Can you list documents please

Can you please let me know what documents are listed in TTservices board?

Thanks,
Ding

docs list

1) copy I-797 Notice of action
2) Copy of I-129
3) Copy of LCA
4) Educational & Academic certificates(mine and wifes')
5) Work experience letters
6) Continuous employment letter
7) Paystubs for 6 months
8 Bank statements for 6 months
9) Passport copy of H1B holder(myself)
10)w2 for the years u been in usa.
11)Marriage invitation
12)Marriage certificate
13)Marriage photos - 50
14)Wife's original passport

Enclosed all the originals and attested copies.few were copies only(first 3&10) and 7 and 8 were original s but according to tts services we need to submit copies for all the documents we give.

90% people are placing company brochure and work photos ,you can add them but i haven't done.I had but as they didn't asked I haven't included.
Also place 15000$ in the bank accounts and place that in saving ..All they look for is money to survive

Good luck ...

**Note: I am not a legal advisior ..check the tts services before you submit..

I have an expired Visa stamp on my pp ... do I have to get my pp stamped before I apply for my wife's H4? planning to go to India in Aug ...

Also interested in Ding1000ma's question - Do we HAVE TO schedule an interview for H4 or is the interview waived for H4 - after the new rule that will take effect post July 14th?

gvr123 ... what do you put in the work experience letter - that I was working in company X for Y years and my responsibilities included xxx ... ? Or is this the "Continuous employment letter"?

Thanks!

for your first question:

if you It should are in USA this should not be be a problem as long as you send your I-94 and explanation leter but make sure before you apply.

2/as of july all h visa has to go through drop box and we have to schedule an interview if the consulate requests but appears to be from august the laws are going to change.Keep on eye on new rules.

3/Yes I included all the orginal offer and experience letters(from past to present) and for the current one , I made as employment verification letter from hr saying this guy is working for us since this date and his title and his salary and pls provide visa for his wife to accompany him in US.

Note: I am not a legal advisior check with a legal advisior for a legal advise as these are my thoughts only.

H4 from Chennai consulate

Anyone who has got a H4 recently from chennai through consular appointment please post your experience. Do they allow one to schedule appointments 2 months prior to the actual date ?

Even I am waiting for some one to post how the interviews are going on in Chennai as my wife is going to attend for H4.

You can take appointment whenever you want by ttsvisas.com.
You can always modify your appointment date.
Ding

Hey ding
Thanks for the followup. Is your wife attending the interview within the next month? I heard that the ttvisas website only allows a 2 week window for scheduling appointments, is that true?