H4 query

reed123

I came back to US in Feb 2005. Worked in US from 1996 to 2001. I was on bench for couple of months[Feb '05,Mar '05] and later I started working on a project beginning Apr '05. I didn't get my pay stubs for the bench period.
My wife just went for her H4 stamping to Chennai Consulate[June '05]. She told the visa officer that I just started working on a project. The consulate made a query "Why did your husband didn't work the first two months?"
Could anyone please tell me how this issue can be resolved?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Reed.

reed123 said:
I came back to US in Feb 2005. Worked in US from 1996 to 2001. I was on bench for couple of months[Feb '05,Mar '05] and later I started working on a project beginning Apr '05. I didn't get my pay stubs for the bench period.
My wife just went for her H4 stamping to Chennai Consulate[June '05]. She told the visa officer that I just started working on a project. The consulate made a query "Why did your husband didn't work the first two months?"
Could anyone please tell me how this issue can be resolved?
---------------------- talk to your company lawyer and let the employer explain on letter why he did not pay you and show the letter to consulate. Bench or Table is not allowed on H1, employer need to pay wages according to LCA

Thanks,
Reed.

H4 refused - second time

Hi ginnu,
Thanks for your response. My company is unable to give an explanation letter for the bench period.

Thanks!