H4 Problem...Please Help

wbuddha

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

During my last trip to India I got engaged and registered the marriage in January 2003. My wife is still in India. Now I am visiting India in November 2003 to perform the ceremonial marriage, so that we can show the visa office pictures of wedding. I have a few questions:

1. Will the gap of 11 months after getting the marriage registered raise any questions?

2. There seems to be two routes to get the H4 visa. One is to go to an application center and other is to directly go to the visa office for an interview.

My wife plans to go to the application center to get her papers checked. After how many days will she get an appointment at the counsulate once the papers are approved?

Is it advisable to directly go to consulate to get the H4 visa?

Hi

what did u registered? an engagement or marriage?
Once u get married, go to registrar of marriages again and get your marriage registered and take certificate.

with photoes and certificate... i dont see any problem in issuing H4 in indian consulates....

Its a matter of additional two days and Rs.500 UTT

All the best.

I got my marriage registered. So the situatio is:

1. Registered marriage - Jan 2003
2. Ceremonial Marriage - Nove 2003

Now, i am worried that they may ask if your marriage was registered in Jan 2003 why are you coming to take the visa in November 2003.

The reasons for the delay are that my wife was giving some exams and we had some illness in the family.

As long as u have valid reason, dont worry....
They are very considerate...
only 5% of the cases.... people take spouses immediately after marriage rest all wait for good time to take off...

all the best