H4 problem due to previous application to citizenship?

mozumder

Hi,

My wife will be facing for H4 visa soon.

But several years ago her sister(who is a US citizen already) applied for her immigration and now she has some kind of restriction that she cannot enter USA before that gets approved.

We are planning to put yes on the Visa applicaiton form in the field where it asks if someone already applied for you (honesty is the best ....:)

Can anybody suggest if the situation might result in a denial? I am guessing no, because she is not coming to her sister. Please comment.

Thanks,
-Mozumder

No Title

Any family based GC applicant can enter US on an non immigrant visa which does not require proof of non-immigration intent. H1(and H4 as a derivative) is a visa which has dual intent. So the chances of denial are slim. Ask your wife to have the GC application details in hand , in case it is asked for.
Of course have all the necessary documentation for H4 too.

Help with H4

Hi, there,

I just got my status changed from F-1 to H1-B, and my wife will apply for H4 in Beijing, China. I was told that before she is able to apply for H4, I will need to exit U.S. and get a H1-B visa (a stamp) in a third country to activate my H1-B status. I am wondering if that is true? Appreciate your responses.

Victor

Thanks, but one more question.

Thanks for your reply.

I was told by our company immigration service staff to do that. I am really puzzled right now. May I know if you had the same experience before? and succeeded without first stamping?

Thanks a lot.