H4 on H1 extension..please help

elektra

Registered Users (C)
I'm currently on H4 visa and this is my 4th year. When I will apply for my residency i will have only 1.5 years left on my H visa. My husband came 1.5 years before me so his H visa limit will be over before mine. By the time i finish my one year on H1 visa he will be on his 7th year extension then I have no choice except to go back to h4 to continue living in US. My question is

1- Can i apply for H4 while he is on his 7th year extension?
2-Would it be wise to go on H1 for one year and then come back to H4?
3-How long does it take for change of status from h1 to h4?

Please help. I need to make the decision as soon as possible. :(

elektra said:
I'm currently on H4 visa and this is my 4th year. When I will apply for my residency i will have only 1.5 years left on my H visa. My husband came 1.5 years before me so his H visa limit will be over before mine. By the time i finish my one year on H1 visa he will be on his 7th year extension then I have no choice except to go back to h4 to continue living in US. My question is

1- Can i apply for H4 while he is on his 7th year extension? YES2-Would it be wise to go on H1 for one year and then come back to H4? YES, but if you able to find a sponser any one, and file a LC, you can extend your H1 any number of years
3-How long does it take for change of status from h1 to h4? Depends on service center usually not more than 180 days.
Please help. I need to make the decision as soon as possible. :(