H4 in mumbai: can I do this?

hypersphere

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Thanks for the forum. This is regarding an H4 visa. I was wondering if the regulations at the mumbai counsulate are as stringent as chennai? This is my case:
* Getting married by hindu tradition on dec 14th.
* Howver will have a civil court marriage on the 8th.
* Get marriage certificate immediately and apply for spouces name endorsement on 9th.
* When i get married on 14th, i will have the wedding pics on 15th .
* I will apply for H4 visa on 16th. I will show my wedding date as 8th dec and present the case as if the wedding on 8th was a hindu traditional wedding and that the snaps have been taken on the 8th.

I am doing this assuming:
*Endorsement , though not a requirement, MUST be done in a practical case.
* A full blown wedding album is required.

I have an absoulutely spotless H1 case. Any opiniions and comments?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

You need just a sample of the album, if they ask.

You can also provide the pics of your civil ceremony (what the heck, throw couple of garlands around).

Thanks,

alren

Thanks for the reply.
A' couple ' of phots are OK in Mumbai counsulate? I 'hear' they require entire albums?
Also, is it fine if i dont get names endorsed on the passports?
Any experinces to share?

Endorsing spouse names always helps !

Check the with the consulate you are going to . They might need it for a first time H4

Originally posted by hypersphere
Thanks for the reply.
A' couple ' of phots are OK in Mumbai counsulate? I 'hear' they require entire albums?
Also, is it fine if i dont get names endorsed on the passports?
Any experinces to share?

My spouse went with a album of abt. 25 pics. I think 10-12 should suffice. But if you have the pics, no harm in carrying more.

When I asked VFS, they gave me paper saying that endrosing spouse's name is 'recommended' not reqd.

Thanks,

alren