H4 I94 expired ..urgent ..please help

sunny_k100

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Will there be any problem going to India after H4 I-94 (and also visa stamp expired) expired via european countries like (Germany, Paris). I'm going to India before 180 days of my H4 I-94 expired for H4 stamping in India. Will there be any problem going Air India flight from Newark,NJ to Mumbai via Paris(France).

Originally posted by sunny_k100
Hi,

Will there be any problem going to India after H4 I-94 (and also visa stamp expired) expired via european countries like (Germany, Paris). I'm going to India before 180 days of my H4 I-94 expired for H4 stamping in India. Will there be any problem going Air India flight from Newark,NJ to Mumbai via Paris(France).

do you have an approved I-797 for H4 extension?

Yes, My spouse has approved H1 i 797 document. Planning to get H4 stamped based on my spouse approved H1 document.

No you dont have a H4 extension approval. Call the concerned consulate about transit visa.
Your hubby should have applied for H4 extension along with his H1 extension.

Yes, they(spouse company) filed it now for H4 extension. They did not do this at the time of my spouse H1 extension. We came to know about this 2 weeks aga and they filed it last weel for H4 extension. Attorney told us that I can get H4 stamping in india if I leave within 180 days. So planning to get H4 stamping in India

Never heard of this 180 days rules and stamping of H-4 based on H1 approval.

Lawyers know better I guess. But do double check before you leave. Otherwise you wife may have to wait a bit longer in India until she gets her H4 approval.

@@
When did you H4-I94 expired ..
Yes you can always get a H4 stamp from your country on Based on your spouce H1 approval.
but still you might have to look this travel of going through the paris.. Just give a call to those consulates and get info about the transit visa ..

Originally posted by Jalma
Never heard of this 180 days rules and stamping of H-4 based on H1 approval.

Lawyers know better I guess. But do double check before you leave. Otherwise you wife may have to wait a bit longer in India until she gets her H4 approval.

and more overyou "out of status now".
Bad that your spouce employer not filed I-539 for your extension

Originally posted by kishuibm
@@
When did you H4-I94 expired ..
Yes you can always get a H4 stamp from your country on Based on your spouce H1 approval.
but still you might have to look this travel of going through the paris.. Just give a call to those consulates and get info about the transit visa ..

Thank for your replies.

I checked with AIR INDIA and they confirmed that we don't need airport transit visa if we are going via PARIS for the Air India direct flight from Newark to Mumbai.

It expired 105 days ago. They filed it last week(H4 extension).

Is it a good idea to get it stamped in India by leaving before 180 days after expire. OR wait for the H4 extension decision from BCIS.

Expired 105 days ago..
Hmm.. Very bad .. chances are very less .. unless if you say extraordinary cause ..
Better to take chance in india it self

Originally posted by sunny_k100
Thank for your replies.

I checked with AIR INDIA and they confirmed that we don't need airport transit visa if we are going via PARIS for the Air India direct flight from Newark to Mumbai.

It expired 105 days ago. They filed it last week(H4 extension).

Is it a good idea to get it stamped in India by leaving before 180 days after expire. OR wait for the H4 extension decision from BCIS.