H4-h1b

sujay_knotted

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am new to this Thread..

I am currently in H1-B status entered usa 10 months back..

i recently applied for H1-B visa for my wife(May 25th) .she got the EAC too..(vermont Service Center).

My question is:

1) I need to travel to india for short time on company work may be 1-2 months..can i leave my wife here while the visa is still in process..
2) can i take my wife to india now as she got her EAC and come back after 2 months..

:confused: :confused:

Any insights are appreciated..

Thanks
SUJAY

sujay_knotted said:
Hi All,

I am new to this Thread..

I am currently in H1-B status entered usa 10 months back..

i recently applied for H1-B visa for my wife(May 25th) .she got the EAC too..(vermont Service Center).

My question is:

1) I need to travel to india for short time on company work may be 1-2 months..can i leave my wife here while the visa is still in process..
2) can i take my wife to india now as she got her EAC and come back after 2 months..

:confused: :confused:

Any insights are appreciated..

Thanks
SUJAY

I Think if you want her to get in on H1B visa, she can enter 10 days before her job start date.

What was the receipt date for her application at VSC, I am also waiting for H1B approval from VSC.

Saurav

sujay_knotted said:

My question is:

how did she file H1 ? is that with I-539 or without it ?
Leaving her in the US is fine, but her traveling might gives her minor issues.
If it's w/o I-539, there is no issue for her to travel.
If it's w I-539, her travel during application pending makes her change of status void. She needs to enter the US with H1 stamp before H1 job in latter case.