h4 -> h1 visa change at consulate

kb_gc

Registered Users (C)
I booked an appointment for me and my spouse at Chennai for H1 & H4 revalidation using TTS visas. But now my wife has a H-1B approval effective 1st Oct. I could not modify the appointment to remove H4 visa and add H1 visa in the appointment. I could not add a new appointment with the same passport number without cancelling the existing appointment which I don't want to cancel as I will have to wait 3 more months to get the appointment.

At the time of revalidation can I request the consulate to consider my spouse for H-1b instead of H4 if we carry all the required documents? Can my spouse get H4 visa also stamped although not planning to use it?

Anyone please advice. will there be any issues as the appointment and DS-156 differ?

Thanks

kb_gc said:
I booked an appointment for me and my spouse at Chennai for H1 & H4 revalidation using TTS visas. But now my wife has a H-1B approval effective 1st Oct. I could not modify the appointment to remove H4 visa and add H1 visa in the appointment. I could not add a new appointment with the same passport number without cancelling the existing appointment which I don't want to cancel as I will have to wait 3 more months to get the appointment.

At the time of revalidation can I request the consulate to consider my spouse for H-1b instead of H4 if we carry all the required documents? Can my spouse get H4 visa also stamped although not planning to use it?
You can try and expalin the facts. Officer may consider your case. But carry all the papers, same time be prepare to accept any 221 (g) which may defer your spouse departure with new H1.
Anyone please advice. will there be any issues as the appointment and DS-156 differ?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I am concerned about 221(g) issue that is expressed by you. I was wondering what would trigger the VO to issue 221(g) if all the documents exist that are required for H-1B stamping.

Please let me know

THanks again

kb_gc said:
Thank you for your reply. I am concerned about 221(g) issue that is expressed by you. I was wondering what would trigger the VO to issue 221(g) if all the documents exist that are required for H-1B stamping.

Please let me know

THanks again

If the sponsering company is small, home based firm, their business is suspicious, your spouse degree conferred university is in question, experience certificate. Any thing.

great guru,

My wife went to H1Stamping yesterday and the Kolkatta Consulate refused to give her H1 and issued 221(g) and also canceled her H4 visa stating with "Canceled without Prejudice".
They informed her that they need to verify her degree and work experiences, but do not know how long this will take. I wanted to know if she can go for H4 stamping while H1B visa is under investigation. She wanted to use H4 since these kind of investigation takes at least more than six months.