H4->H1, Stamping in Canada Fails

EkBechara

Here is the scenario -

> H4 valid till 2009.
>> H4 -> H1 changed in 2006 Oct.
>>> Took Appointment in Canada for Visa Stamping in Dec.
>>>> Visa is Rejected !!!

Can the person enter US with H4 status?

:confused:

Hello

Can you tell me why your visa got rejected. Any particular reason?

I also have change my status from H4 to H1.

Rima

EkBechara said:
Here is the scenario -

> H4 valid till 2009.
>> H4 -> H1 changed in 2006 Oct.
>>> Took Appointment in Canada for Visa Stamping in Dec.
>>>> Visa is Rejected !!!

Can the person enter US with H4 status?

-------------- do you have valid H4 visa stamp in your passport?

EkBechara said:
Yes, the H4 is valid till March, 2009

if you have valid H4 visa stamp you can enter US with valid H4 visa stamp on H4 status. if enter by air you will fill up I-94 form and get I-94 at canadian airport before taking flight to US( US immigration is in Canada airport)

Can you pls advice?

If you have valid h-4 visa stamp then i think you can enter USA on H4 but will be given new I-94 and that will make your H-1 invalid to travel on:
Best Luck!!!

Now I am SCARED!!!! cause mine is same case and I am planning to go this dec.2006 to canada
If you can pls help me out for following:
1. What documents you were carrying?(pls let me know whole comp. list)
2. What did they ask?
3.What was your answers to it?
4. Why did they say no? (any reasons...any documents....)
5. Will it be done in India?? If you fly directly to India....can stamping be done?

I completely understand your situation right now.....BEST LUCK!!!
Still we would apperciate if you can answer my Queries above:

Thanks....All the best!!!

H1 Stamping in Canada Fails

Sorry if my message scared you. :eek: But my situation was "WHAT IF" and not that it had happened? I hope that it does not happen with any one.

Does any know if it is possible to change the status from H4 to H1 again once if you have to enter US with rejected H1 visa but valid H4 visa? I hope that H1 petetion does not get invalid and one can reapply for status change. I don't have details, but sort of read it and needs clarification!

Last edited by a moderator:
EkBechara said:
Sorry if my message scared you. :eek: But my situation was "WHAT IF" and not that it had happened? I hope that it does not happen with any one.
--------------------Why you did not post in your first post” what IF” we thought you got rejected. Please don’t make others panic those who may be in your situations. Next time you will post” urgent I-140 got denied” do you think others will reply to that post??