H4->H1 and Stamping in India- Pls Guide me!!

avnic

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I came to USA on H4 Visa in March 2004 Later same year we applied for h1 and it got approved on Oct 2004.
I got Project in March 2005 and started working from then onwards.
I will be travelling to India for H1 Stamping at Mumbai consulate in March 2006.
I will be having W2 Form for year 2005 and pay stubs from March 2005 to Feb 2006.

Will there be any problem if I am not on project from Oct 2004(Visa approval month) to Feb 2005 and cannot produce any pay slips from that time.

Appointment letter dated from March 2005 onwards.
I have valid I-797
12 Months pay stubs
W2 form for 2005
D-156
D-157
I-129
H1 Labor form

Also do I need any other document?

Thanks,
avnic

I am in the same situation. My lawyer told me to take a letter from my employer regarding Unpaid Leave from OCT 2004 to Jan 2005. I am going to Canada for my first time stamping. Even i was on H4 and my education is from India. Lets se what happenes in Canada ( Toronto).

Regards,

Hemendra

Hi Toheman,

Can you pls tell me what kind of letter you are taking from employer?

My employer paid me from Dec 2004 to Feb 2005 in personal cheques cheques and it will be reflected in my W2 for 2005.

I do not know how to prove for Nov 2004

My H1B got approved on 13th Oct 2004.

Please reply me.
Thanks,
avnic

Letter

Hi Avani,

If your H1B starts from Oct 13th , Employer has 60 Days of Grace Period. so don't worry about Nov. As you mentioned, If amount which is paid to you by your employer shows up in w2 you don't have to worry about it. as you can always show your w2 as a proof of income.

My employer gave me a letter stating " He was under training from Oct to Jan, Upon complition of trainign he will be paid for the training month. All Expenses of stay, Food & travel will be covered by company".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Hemendra,

I have taken a date in Mumbai consulate for my visa stamping.
We are still thinking, if it is better to go to Canada (Toronto) consulate, get my H1B stamped and then go to India in any case.

My personal email is : avnic@hotmail.com
call: 860-869-8781

Can you pls write me your email and phone no: so that I can contact you regarding the Toronto consulate stamping.

BTW, what is your date for Toronto stamping?

Last edited by a moderator: