H4 going for first time H1-b stamping to Canada

kavipura

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Last year, one of the Virginia based consulting company sponsored H1-B for my wife. She entered the US on H4 visa while her H1-B was in process. Her H1-B application was approved but without I-94.

Now she needs to go out and get stamping.

o Does she need to go to India (chennai) for stamping or Can we go to
Canada (preferably Vancouver)?.

o If we decide to go to Canada then do we need to file I-824 to
notify them before we go there?.

Can you please share your experience with me. Please send your reply to me.

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Going next week

I am going next week same situation but doctor. I will update after my stamping is over, one thing what I gathered is once you have all documents right then I think it should be easy, let see what happens.

Best of Luck

Thank you so much...Please post your experience when you are back from your stamping.

Also please let me know, did you file form I-824 to notify the change of consulate. My wife's approval notice was notified to Chennai Consulate by default.

Thanks once again...

Did you went for stamping in ottawa.

Coupld you please share your experience. My wife is in same situation her H1 got approved but no I 94 we are going Nogales for stamping.

Hi there,

We've our appointment only in March end. So if you've your appointment before March then please share your experience with us. Perhaps if you think we can discuss it together then please let me know as well. You can reach us @ doubtdevil@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

same situation

Hi,

We are also in the same situation, my wife has her H1 from INDIA (797 without I-94), and we are taking a chance and going to Canada (Ottawa) for stamping on FEB'12 th. Please post any of your experiences here. Any information will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

Successful visa stamping H4-H1B and H1-B 8th yr

Successful visa stamping for my wife’s H4-H1B(first time stamping) and my H1-B 8th year extension in Vancouver Canada. My wife had her education and work experience only from India. H1-B was applied when she was in India and she entered US on H4 visa after applying H1-B. H1-B was approved without I-94.

We booked our appointments thru www.nvars.com for both myself and for my wife in the same time slot on the same day. We entered Canada by driving from Seattle to Vancouver. We went to the consulate on Monday morn 8:00AM for the 8:30AM appt. We stood in the 8:30AM queue.

The security guy gave instructions just before entering for security check. He insisted

• - No cell phones or any electronic device.
  • - No bags for carrying docs (folders can be used).
  • - No sealed envelopes.
  • - No knives scissors or any other sharp instruments.
  • - No coins. Only US currency for the $100 accepted for visa fee.
  • - Keep ur appt letter first page inside passport and keep it in hand separate from ur docs.
  • - No food or drinks when in line.
We finally entered inside for the security check. Unfortunately I had single sealed envelope. The security guard striked out our appt letter and asked us to collect our belongings from the tray and come in the 9:00AM queue with no sealed envelopes. So we came out, checked our docs and got in the 9:00AM line.

This time we cleared the ground floor security check and were asked to go 1 floor up. In the first floor they provide a list of docs that need to be submitted at the first level.

• - Passport
  • - D-156 with pasted photo and signed
  • - D-157 (collected only for male candidates. But better to have filled forms for female candidates as well)
  • - $100 in US currency no coins
  • - Job letter (from company to consular office)
  • - I-797 original notice

U are given a few mins to arrange the above listed docs. We submitted these docs (both mine and my wife’s) as a family and so were given a single token. We waited in the waiting room along with others. Few mins later a security guard called set a token nos and we were taken in an elevator to the 20th floor. There again we had to go thru a security check (emptying pockets & removing belts). This time there is another short wait till ur token number is called for finger prints at a window1. Again we waited 15 mins before a VO officer called our number for the interview. We both proceeded to the window together.

VO: Good Morning
Me and Mywife: Good Morning sir

VO: How is XYZ Company treating u?
ME: blah blah blah…..

VO: which project are u working on?
ME: XXX project…. blah blah…

VO: which university did u do ur degree
ME: blah for my bachelors from India and blah for my masters from US

Then VO officer and myself started talking which then became chit chatting, about my company and as we talked the VO officer pasted a sticker on both our passports and asked us to collect our passports next day at 2:45PM. We collected our passports the next day.

All the best for everyone....

Thanks.