H4-F1 Question

irahirs

Registered Users (C)
My wife is applying for her F1 visa in Chennai in January 2005. She has a valid H4 visa till July 2005.

1.Would the H4 visa be cancelled before her F1 application is processed?

2.If her F1 is rejected, can she come back to the US on her valid H4 visa?

Please let me know.

Thanks
- Srihari.

irahirs said:
My wife is applying for her F1 visa in Chennai in January 2005. She has a valid H4 visa till July 2005.

1.Would the H4 visa be cancelled before her F1 application is processed?

2.If her F1 is rejected, can she come back to the US on her valid H4 visa?

Please let me know.

She is in tricky situation
Previously she was dual intention (immigrant Intention), now she has to prove having husband in USA (non immigrant indent), she will go back to India after her studies. Usually if they reject one category visa they cancel other visa in the passport

Thanks
- Srihari.

need urgent help please

Irahirs,

I am also in same situation. I need to go to India in april and stamp F-1 on the way back. I changed from H-4 to F-1 last year. My old H-4 is valid till Mar-06. Did your wife go to Chennai? Did she get her F-1 stamped? Please let me know ASAP. Your reply will be a great help to me. Please respond ASAP.
thanks in advance.

Hi, I have a question on converting from h4 visa to F1 visa. Iam planning on getting it stamped in india.

What my doubt is, If i do not get my F1 visa stamped in india can i come back on h4 again? Or My h4 visa is going to be canceled? Can anyone throw some light on it?

AZGC said:
Hi, I have a question on converting from h4 visa to F1 visa. Iam planning on getting it stamped in india.

What my doubt is, If i do not get my F1 visa stamped in india can i come back on h4 again? Or My h4 visa is going to be canceled? Can anyone throw some light on it?
possibilty of H4 cancellation, in the event of F1 rejection. too risky in India. You can try in border, even F1 denied you can re-enter.

great guru said:
possibilty of H4 cancellation, in the event of F1 rejection. too risky in India. You can try in border, even F1 denied you can re-enter.

What are you basing your assessment on? Now it is one thing to be arbitrary and illogical while denying F1, but it will be downright nonsensical for the consulate to cancel the H4. Should that happen... she can return at the next available appoinment and will *have* to be granted H4.... what sense does that make then?

Please do post your experinces about your H4--> F1 change in India /Canada/Mexico. I am in a similar situation and need help urgently.