H4 extension Please help

jaibholababa

Registered Users (C)
My wife's h4 was expired on 22nd March 2004 , although my attorney filed my h1b extension but did not file my wife's h4 extension.Only now i found out that they did not file my wife's extension.

Is she in big trouble ?

Please help...

She is in big trouble!!!!.She is out of status basically.
its more than 8 months .. she will be banned from usa for about 6 months
to 10 years. Depends on how many days she is out of status..
Pls send her out of usa first and and get her stamping in your country with your extension papers .
Pls consult a lawer for this .. This should be very urgent

jaibholababa said:
My wife's h4 was expired on 22nd March 2004 , although my attorney filed my h1b extension but did not file my wife's h4 extension.Only now i found out that they did not file my wife's extension.

Is she in big trouble ?

Please help...

jaibholababa said:
My wife's h4 was expired on 22nd March 2004 , although my attorney filed my h1b extension but did not file my wife's h4 extension.
------ it was your duty to inform attorney that you have spouse on H4 and extension of her H4 also should be filed . go to the lawyer and ask what to do now???
Only now i found out that they did not file my wife's extension.
------ if your wife H4 Visa and her I-94 expired March 2004 then she is staying illegaly in US from the date her I-94 expired and may be subject to 3/10 year bar
Is she in big trouble ?
---YES, send her out of US ASAP and let her get H4 visa from consulate based on your H1 and then enter on H4

Please help...