H4 Apt in Delhi and its over week old and no news of passport

ray6855

Registered Users (C)
My wife went for her h4 stamping last friday in delhi consulate, 485 is still pending and AP still in process. The consulate didn't say anything and took the passport and stuff and its over week old and now and there is no information about passport.

We called up VFS and they said the consulate haven't handed over the passport yet.

Does anyone remember or know having to wait past 5-6 days to get the passport back?

I was hoping if they didn't reject it for someone residing in Delhi itself, it shouldn't have taken this long.

Any comments /advise appreciated.

Did the visa officer verbally mentioned about visa approval? Was the VFS was able to indicate that this is not under additional administrative processing?

Thx for your reply

No, not really,
My wife was told nothing by the lady who took her interview and just took passport and original 539 and they will send it back after processing or checking. she wasn't told or given any pink or blue slips either.

VFS folks don't know much, they say they havn't received it from Consulate yet and the consulate says it still in processing. COnsulate also gives conflicting statement one day the guys says its gone for printing the next day some other guy says its still under process.

My wife specifcally asked consulate that if there is any issue or concern holding it back and was told, there was nothing.

Consulate says they have 7 business days wait so the VFS guys says we should call back on Tuesday next week.

I don't remember having to wait so long. After visa interview and stuff it took 3-4 days to gets passport back but now its been 6 business days and we are sort of worried.

Keep an eye on this and keep checking directly with the consulate as to what is going on. It may be one of those "Administrative Processing" things... Don't panic, just keep calling them "regularly"