H1VISA: MUMBAI ROCKS, Successfull CP for myself as well as go cp, vinor unni cp and otherd

H1visa

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

We had successfull CP in Mumbai.
Also others (go cp vinor unni cp) also had success. They will be in USA later next month so they suggested I should mention this.

I am attaching a DOC and PDF file of my experience, if you have problems viewing it let me know.

In short: "MUMBAI CP PROCESS ROCKS" just carry all docs.. and prepare well.

Thanks to all on this board!

H1Visa.

Forgot to mention

Guards at Mumbai Consualate were okay, they are doing their job. I had interview at 10:30, I walked in 9, the guard asked me to come at 10:15, I told him that "I was told on Phone by Mumbai Consulate I could go earlier" the trick worked, he let me in.

H1Visa

congrats, did you get a birth certificate or an affidavit?

congrats, did you get a birth certificate or an affidavit?

HIVISA,question regarding your wifes cp case

Hi H1visa,i am in the same situation as yours. My wife is never here before, i sent the packet3 and expecting an interview date soon, sometime in next two months. Here are the two questions which i am having,
1)Is it required that her passport should have the dependent visa before going for the cp interview, or an empty passport is ok??. We got married a month back and i applied for packet3 after i came back from marriage... what do you suggest me in this case???

2)Do you suggest me to bring her here once before going to the cp interview, so that she will have a stamp on her passport that she entered the country once???

Thanks
SamInd

No Title

1. Empty Passport is OK.

2. dont worry you dont need to bring her here on H4, carry marriage cert and photos, wedding card etc..

No Title

How did you get state tax transscripts? I got Federal tax transscripts?

You carried them as additional docs, but from different postings, that is in the required docs list in pkt4.

How to request that P4 be sent to local address

Hi,
Congrats on your GC. Did you have your P4 mailed to local address? If yes, where did you specify that P4 be sent to local address? Where did you specify the local address itself?
Thanks