h1b3 to eb1

lynn82

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just got my eb1 approval as an artist.

I was in the US for 2 years working on an h1b3 as a model.
However being a musician, I wanted to take up my writing and performing which the h1b3 didnt allow me to.

I stopped working for the h1b3 employer in 2006 so my lawyer applied for the EAD in july 2006 which I got a month later.
I was wondering, in regard to taxes and tax returns in 2006 , when I now file the Eb1 status with CIS, do they go from the EAD to EB1 status or do they now look at was what going on with the h1b?

Since I had the EAD , I assumed I wasnt forced to work for the same employer anymore. I havent been paid in 2006 by the h1b employer.

Please let me know...

Hi Lynn

Can u please enlighten me as to what kind of an artist r u and on what basis did u get the EB1, yes u can move to another employer if ur 485 have been pening for 180 days, please email me dr_irshad2001@yahoo.com

lynn82 said:
Hi,

I just got my eb1 approval as an artist.

I was in the US for 2 years working on an h1b3 as a model.
However being a musician, I wanted to take up my writing and performing which the h1b3 didnt allow me to.

I stopped working for the h1b3 employer in 2006 so my lawyer applied for the EAD in july 2006 which I got a month later.
I was wondering, in regard to taxes and tax returns in 2006 , when I now file the Eb1 status with CIS, do they go from the EAD to EB1 status or do they now look at was what going on with the h1b?

Since I had the EAD , I assumed I wasnt forced to work for the same employer anymore. I havent been paid in 2006 by the h1b employer.

Please let me know...

Hi I am also a performing artists too I have an O-1 and i am applying for EB-1EA, what Service center did you get the approval from. Texas or Nebraska?

hello, my case was sent to nebraska. Nebraska forwarded it to texas and thats were it got approved. I got a kickback first.

lynn82 said:
hello, my case was sent to nebraska. Nebraska forwarded it to texas and thats were it got approved. I got a kickback first.

Thats great! u got lucky!!! what kind of artist are u?

please give us so more info about ur filling...