H1B1 Stamping at US Consulate.Chennai

krishna_ps

Registered Users (C)
Friends/Gurus/Attorneys !

My brother got H1B1 Approved from VSC today and He is planning to go for H1B1 Visa stamping at the Chennai consulate.

As per my knowledge, He is eligible for the ttsdropbox and he can send paper work thorugh Dropbox, I want to know what the requirements that he need to send to US.Consulate in Chennai. I want to get his new H1B1 Visa stamping without any major problems and query's...Please help if you have faced or
know to your experience so that we will be well prepared and will send all the paper work required..Following are the information I know to send ......Is there any other paper work????........

Recently I saw news saying that all the applicants have to go to personal interview from Julsy is that true???. I saw in the ttsdropbox website they are allowing to apply throgh there dropbox facility(https://www.ttsvisas.com)...Please help and share your experiences......

1. Original H1-B Petition Approval Notice.
2. Certified copy of Form I - 129.
3. Certified copy of LCA.
4. Certified copy of Petitioner/Company Letter.
5. Certified copy of the Credentials Evaluation.
6. Passport valid for at least six (6) months.
7. Current visa processing fees.
8. Couple of passport size photos.
9. Copy of the degree certificate.

If it is a new H1B visa, in that case they can ask for any document apart from the cocument list you already have. One of them is experience certificate and a letter from the future employer who has done his visa petition in US.

Best of luck.

1.original INS form I-797 (Notice of Approval)
2.the complete petition submitted by your prospective employer (including the Labor Condition Agreement (LCA))
3.the originals of your university degree certificate, and mark sheets, and
4.originals of your work experience letters.
5.Current telephone numbers of present and past jobs.
6.Provide directions utilizing common names and landmarks to your present and past jobs.
7.Photographs of the inside and outside of your current or most recent place of work.
8.Letter from the current emplyer confirming his employment - for a new H1, letter from the employer in US sonfirming his employment

Thanks for the fast replies...

Do He need to Provide " Pay checks", 6 months bank statement????

This is how the US -Consulate address mentioned but I don't think we need to provide all these things and its optional???

I am planning on applying through dropbox services, Do he need to send all the documents in ORIGINAL or just copies???

If he is already working in US submit paychecks and bank statements. Else i think pay check alone is enough.
They ask for original mark sheets if the person has a non-US degree.
Better to provide with photos - as they have metioned these are necessary in the US consulate site.
Providing all information thaasked is better - lese they may raise a query.

Krisha_ps

Although I do not have any experience about the drop_box, but my advise is that if your brother really want to get it stamp faster then he should go in person with all the originals with him. Again they can ask any document, so be prepare.

My brother is working in India only and he has never been to USA...If paycheck is needed then he has to get from company in india...

He is eligible for dropbox, We can also go directly to US-Consulate?, I came to know that if we are eligible to drop_box then we don't have to attend the personal_interview?

If we can attend, How can we take an appointment...Is it through drop_box website www.ttsvisas.com

Does any one had/have any experience with the US.CONSUTALE-Chennai...

Which one is better Dropbox service OR Direct Interview??

1) Sending PAPER WORK thorugh Drop_Box services ??,I don't know exactly how many days it takes to get the H1B1 stamping done,May be 2 weeks but will this gives so many RFE's back to us.

2) Directly going to US-Consulate-Chennai for the persoanl interview with all the paper work. if we go directly will they giver same day the H1B1 stamping...Please let me know how does it works now...If I want to schduled direct appointment with Chennai -consulate...Can we do that...If so how...Is this through www.ttsvisas.com???

I attend persoanl interview 5 years back in Mumbai and we got the passport stamped and gave us the same day???Since the rules have changed..like to know more about it....I have to send my brother to US-Consulate for stamping next week...Please advice..