H1B with AP

puneesh

Registered Users (C)
Appreciate anyone's help on this.

I am planning to go to India in Feb 05, have a valid AP however my H1 B stamp on PP has expired. Since I have a valid I797 my plan is to get H1 B visa restamped at Mumbai Counsulate.

Q : If for some reason H1 B stamp is refused can I still reenter using AP? the refusal of H1B stamp will not invalidate the AP is that true?

Thks

puneesh said:
Appreciate anyone's help on this.

I am planning to go to India in Feb 05, have a valid AP however my H1 B stamp on PP has expired. Since I have a valid I797 my plan is to get H1 B visa restamped at Mumbai Counsulate.

Q : If for some reason H1 B stamp is refused can I still reenter using AP? the refusal of H1B stamp will not invalidate the AP is that true?

Thks

I'm exactly on the same boat as you are. Can you post if you get to know something.

puneesh said:
If for some reason H1 B stamp is refused can I still reenter using AP? the refusal of H1B stamp will not invalidate the AP is that true?

Depends on the reason for refusal. If you are inadmissible on the grounds of criminal behavior or the 3/10 year bars then AP will do you no good. If it's a simple matter that the consulate isn't satisfied with your documentation, then you'll be fine.

TheRealCanadian

Thks for the reply. In my case I have no criminal history etc, have never been out of status for even a single day so I guess that does not apply.

I do have a follow up Q, reading some of the posts it seems that the counsulates' can require additional time for further administrative processing if that were to be the case can one withdraw/abondon/?? the application and use the AP to reenter.

Thanks