H1B wanting to start LLC Question

v0s5979

Registered Users (C)
Hello
I am on currently on an H1B visa and would like to start a business importing goods and selling them in the US. From all the posts its pretty clear that I can not do any work for this business besides from be an investor. I have the following questions:

1. What is the best way to register the company...I expect only one person to be working in the company. ( I have seen terms like S-Corp, LLC etc. and was hoping you could give me the options that are available for me as an H1B visa holder.

2. I have a friend who is a citizen, who will be my CEO, but he will be working only based on a percentage of the profits made by the company. I plan to do 100% of the investment in the company. Is it possible that the profit made each month by the company be distributed in dividends on a monthly basis, or does this have to be a yearly calculation? So for instance, if the company makes a profit of 10% each month, can the shareholder (me) be given 50% of the profit, the CEO given 5% and the rest be re-invested into the company every month?

Thank you.