H1B VISA Stamping

Tom Black

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
I changed to h1 from OPT this Oct. I have taken the date of 11th Jan. for my H1 Visa stamping in TORONTO, CANADA. I came to know that starting 2005, we have to go to out respective home country to get it stamped. Is it true or its a rumour?
I am a native of India.
I would appreciate multiple responses.

Thanks,
-Tom

Yes, you need to go to your Home country to get the stamping if it is first time stamping or it is renewal ( but No need for H1B transfer).

Please check with others too.

Hi Tom Black,

Were you able to get an answer? I'm currently planning to get my stamp in Canada. I'm a native of the Philippines and would like to know if I have to go back to my home country to get the stamp or can I do it in Canada?

Renewal?

Hi,
What do you mean by renewal? as far as i know, its either a new H1 stamping, or if you already have one, its a revalidation (for an extension filed by the company you been working) or a revalidation (for a new company you CHANGED to). Do you mean the last case?
hmm.....
Thanks
Bala

niroshan95 said:
Yes, you need to go to your Home country to get the stamping if it is first time stamping or it is renewal ( but No need for H1B transfer).

Please check with others too.

Successful Stampin from Canada

Hey guys,

I got my H1B and my son's and spouse's H4 Stampings done from Toronto on January 19th.

I dont think there is any "new law" since we were successful in getting our visas stamped.

This was our third time stampings.

Just have ALL your papers and documents with you.

Documents!

hi hvmmmk,

Documents were:

The application forms (DS-156)
Approval Notices
Employment Letter
Copy of I-129 Petition

This were the things the officer looked at. He didnt ask for anything else.

But still, I took:
my original degrees and certificates
marriage certificate
my son's birth certificate
recent paystubs
tax forms

Hi,
I filed my h1b papers when i was in chennai(with chennai consulate as for my stamping), and the papers are get approved 3weeks before. but now i am in dubai(with res. visa), can i go and get my stamping here in dubai?

there is no clear ans. for the above situation... can ay of u give me the clear idea whether it is possible or not? and this is my first time h1b appearing...

Thanks.