H1B Visa Stamping in Mexico - Question about scheduling the appointment

theysee

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the appointments in the new website. http://www.visa-usa.com.mx

I purchased the PIN and the only slot that was available at that time (till april) was march 13th at Laredo, so I have scheduled an appointment there (assuming that I can reschedule it if a better place and time gets open). But it seems the only way that I can even check if there are any other open slots is by cancelling the current appointment and do the whole process again (there might not be any slots available - so if i am lucky enough, i can re-book the same slot).

The only 'safe' option I have right now is to purchase another PIN and check the slots available using that and if I find one that I like, cancel the current appointment and reschedule it immediately :). I am just wondering if there is any other way to get around this or know of a particular time of the day that I should check the availability?

Thanks for any info and good luck with your visa stamping. Please post your suggestions here or send them my way at ravicool@gmail.com. I will compile and post any responses that I will receive in this forum.

Also anyone else have any info about Laredo consulate and anything that I need to keep in mind about this consulate. My appointment is on March 13th at 9:30.

/Ravi.

I think you have, 2 or 3 chances total to rescedule the dates. But yes you will have to cancel the present appointment inorder to book another date with the same pin. I'm not sure how risky it is to buy 2 pins for the same person and book 2 dates .

But there is kind of a workaround with the dates availability .I observed that the dates were open randomly when I woke up and tried at 4 in the morning . And I found the dates I preferred. So I would suggest you keep trying very early in the morning .probably from 12 a.m and every 20 mins or so .
Works mostly ! gud luck !