H1b visa stamping from india.

manojvig

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am on h1b visa,I came to USA in nov 2000 on hib of company 'a' after one year i changed the company and joined company 'b'.

compnay 'a' h1 is valid till sep 2003,compnay 'b' filed for a new h1b and that one is valid till april 2004,i have h1 from company 'a' stampped on my passport,can not get new h1b stamped withtin USA as rules says that thye would not stamp new h1b on my passport before july 30th,that is 60 days diff from expiration date.

I have all necessory odcuments with me which we need to get visa stampped from india,but i am just scared that because of war on iraq would consulate delay the stamping ior?or would the refuse to stamping saying that scen in USA is not good or something like that.

I tried my best figure out that would this war change US consulate's processing in any way,but could not find any information.

I request all you friends to guide me on this matter.

thanks a lot.

Visa re-validation

There are two options for you:

1. If you are planning a visit before end of July 03 then take
all the papers with you and use the drop box facility to get
the new stamp in India.

The war should not have any impact on re-validations.

2. If there is no India visit, then wait till August and get it
re-validated here in US.

Raju

Is I-129 original petition documents required for H1 revalidation? Please let me know.

VJ

Originally posted by uvmenon
Is I-129 original petition documents required for H1 revalidation? Please let me know.

VJ

You need to send the original Notice of Action and a copy with your application. But the original will be returned with your passport after re-validation.

No. The petition file need not be sent.

Raju

When I check with Chennai consulte they sent me following:
If you are applying for an H-1B visa, you need to present:
¨ I797 -the original petition approval,
¨ the complete petition submitted by your prospective employer (including the Labor Condition Application and I129)
¨ The originals of your university diplomas, mark sheets and any certificates you may have (secondary school information is not required).
¨ One set of photocopy of all the above documents.

Is this only new H1 requirement or application for revalidation too?

Thanks,
VJ

uvmenon ,

My initial response was on the assumption that you were
here in US and applying for re-validation at St.Louis.

If you are in India and applying for the H1 Visa the documents
could be different.

I think I have submitted all those documents when
I had to get a second Visa stamping in Channai.

So, you may need to send all the information.

Raju

I am in a fix now. I sent visa for revalidation on feb and its not yet come stamped and from others experience I don't think it will come thru by end of this month. That's the reason I am collecting info for document requirement for chennai.

Is same employer letter format sent to St.Louis will do for Chennai or is there any other format required for them?

Please help

Thanks

VJ

uvmenon,

When you seek information, you have to be clear in your posting.
Bits and pieces of information would not help.

Now I am confused.

Are you saying that you are in US and have already applied for
re-validation at St.Louis!

Than why are you interested in knowing what is needed at
Chennai ??

Sorry if I confused. I am currently in US. I sent passport and I-797 to St.Louis but it doesn't seems like will come thru as I need to travel to India by May 1st week. I am planning to withdraw my passport and get it stamped from Chennai. That's the reason I am collecting info. Everybody's input will be helpful. I do not want to miss out any documents.

Thanks,

VJ

This is better.

Yes, you can call back for your passport in view of your urgency.
They would return without re-validation.

Then collect all documents as you would for a first time visa application. Take all the papers to India and get it validated through the drop box facility.

Take full proof of your continued employement like pay stubs, tax filing papers, W-2 s, bank statements and a current employment letter from you employer.

Good luck.
Raju

H4 to H1 convert - first stamping in India

Hello...

My wife had come here on H4 visa and had found a job and got her status converted to H-1 since. Now, we plan to go to India in Dec. and hence she will need to get her re-entry stamp from Bombay. We shall be in India for a month or so.

I would appreciate if someone could share experiences regarding such cases and if any new processes like background checking or some such has increased the delay in getting the visa stamp.

thanks in advance

Tejas

Tejas Jani,

Even though the higher regulations of security are in place, they
should not pose any particular problem for your wife seeking her
first H1, visa stamping.

Since the earlier visa she has, is a different category, I think she
would need to go through the interview process.

Carry all the necessary documents and she should have her
Visa without any problem.

Raju

UVmenon

Q.Is same employer letter format sent to St.Louis will do for Chennai or is there any other format required for them?

A. Letter St.Louis will be addressed to Visa Office,Department of
state and letter for Chennai must be addressed to
Consulate General or American Consulate General, Chennai.

Others Please correct if I am wrong.
Sept13

Sep13,
The letter to DOS should be fine.
I went to consulate at chennai with the letter addressed to consulate at singapore.
I got my visa at chennai.

H1-B Visa Stamping in Chennai, Beware!!

The visa stamping procedures for H1-B in Chennai consulate is very convoluted at the moment. My wife went to revalidate her H-1 and they have asked for details that will make one wonder whether they intend to issue a visa. Here is a list of details that they have asked:

Photos of the principal at home and at work (15 each)
Photos of the petitioner's office (15 )
Copies of the tax return for the last 3 years notarized
Copies of w2 of all employees employeed by petitioner
List of all employees who the petitioner sponsored for H1 and who had applied for visa through the chennai consulate and their current whereabouts
Pay stubs for 1 year
Telephone bill for the last six months
Copy of the residential lease agreement
Original employment offer
List of all places where the principal has worked since the time of entry into the US. (Include reference name, phone numbers and email addresses)

This is all I can remember from what my wife told me. Apart from this they also asked for info. that is on the consulate's website.

Also, the first time we got a response after 8 days that all this info. was required. The second time when she reapplied with all this info. they are still spinning their wheels on it for the last two weeks. In the meantime, I had applied for advance parole for her last month and I am expecting it any time now. Just thougt that I would share this info. with others who plan to apply for revalidtion in chennai.

Mohan

Hi,

I have a complex problem. I applied for a B1-visa in Delhi on 4th April 2001 saying I am single and got a 10 yr multiple entry visa . Then on 7th April I got married and my husband at that time was on a H1. Our lawyer told me to get a B1 as my husband's H1 had gone for extension. He said I could enter the US on B1 and change to H-4.

But after entering the US on a B-1 on 2nd May, other lawyers informed us that it would show wrong intent and was risky. So I filed for a B1 extension and got it. In the meantime I got a job offer and filed for H1B in Jan 2002 and it was approved in April 2002. I have been working with that co. since then.

Now I have to visit India as its a family emergency. I am planning to go to the Delhi embassy for my H1 stamping. I have always been in status and so could there be any problems for me there ? I also have admission to a very good MBA program but the lawyer informed me that re-entering on a H1 is a safer bet rather than applying fr F1, as with a GC petition pending, they will question my intent.

Please let me know what documents I should take for first time H-1 B stamping and what questions I could be asked.
Anyone who has recently gone thru this situation, please advise.

hi

i worked for company A, they applied for me b1 and h1 i got both of them. i went to US on B1 in october 2008. after going there they converted my b1 to h1 visa. i got my SSN which is there with my employee i couldn't take it from them because i fell sick. in the month of january i came to india on medical reasons. my question is converting b1 to h1 will that effect my chances for getting h1 stamp and other thing is what is the status of my h1 right now ??????? and what abt my SSN??????????????????

please help me :confused:

Your post makes no sense. Your SSN belongs to you. Other than providing it to your employer so he can correctly have taxes credited, he has no use for it.

What bothers me more about your situation is that you entered on B1 intending to work for the US employer. On B1 you are only able to work for non-US employer. It also sounds like you did not work and may not have been paid from Oct to Jan; if this is the case, you were out of status and your employer is certainly aware that you must be paid except under very special circumstances.