H1B Visa Revalidation at Mumbai, India

priteshrshah

Hi all,

I am planning to visit India during 2nd week of Oct '03 and I have to visit Mumbai Consulate to revalidate my H1B visa as H1B visa stamped on my passport expired during march 2002 and I have not get 2nd H1B visa stamped on my passport.

New process required to make an appointment.

Does anyone has any idea or information about any complications or requirenment ?

Please note that I have 3 weeks of vacation.

Thanks,

Search through these forums and look at the US consulate web site for Mumbai.

That will give you a lot of pointers.

H-1 B revalidation in india

hi pritesh, what have u decided about the stamping in india? i am in the same situation as you,planning to go in dec...my lawyer said that effective Aug 1, everyone has to go for interview, drop box or not..but i wanna make sure if this is right..did you hear anything from the drop box center in mumbai?

Hii..

im in the same situation too, gonna apply for revalidation in Bombay in Dec.

From all the info on the VFS web-site there is nothing that explicitly says that everyone will be interviewed. So i still feel we will be eligible for both the drop-box & an exemption from the interview.

good luck,
-R

ravi,

I checked out the website too..but my immigration lawyer says that it hasn't been updated regarding the new info that effective Aug 1,everyone, no matter what visas they held before,have to appear for an interview..i have emailed info@visa-services.com (got it from the vfs website) as of now regarding this, and am waiting to hear from them...i suggest you do the same.

I am in the same situation. Planning to visit India in Jan04 for stamping from Mumbai.

Last what I heard is h1 extension are eligible for Drop Box but have to confirm since the rules are changing like anything.

Please let me know guys if you have the latest info.

Stamped in last week of july - Drop box

Well not aware of the Aug 1st new rules. But we got or visas stamped H1 & H4 on the 21st of July 2003 via drop box at Calcutta consulate via TTS services. No hassels except for photographs. They need photos matching the exact specification. I dont know about other places but in calcutta there is one particular photo studio who is issuing the exact photo needed for stamping that is Bombay Studio in Park Street. They charge Rs75/- for one copy - no negative.

mumbai stamping

I think you are correct. This is the actual reply that I had received from the VFS Mumbai office.

You can submit your application through the Drop Box if the expiry of your last H!B visa stamped on your passport is within a year from the date of application. For details regarding documentation kindly visit our website, www.visa-services.com

Regards,
VFS Team

Seems like H1-B extension apps are eligible for drop box facility.
Breath............

stamping

Well,

I am planning to visit in Jan 3rd week, so by that time, I hope you get your VISA stamped, please keep me posted.

I am in the same boat planning to go in Dec, I shall appreciate if you can kindly let me know your experience at Mumbai Consulate.
Please email me at sumanbhalla@hotmail.com