H1B Visa Quota for US degree?

mnmm0777

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am told that the quota for H1B for folks with MS degree in US for this year is running close to over. Does anyone know the exeact situation? How much time does one have at hand to file it with the scope of getting it in time?

Would appreciate the help.

Regards
Maneesh

mnmm0777 said:
Hi

I am told that the quota for H1B for folks with MS degree in US for this year is running close to over. Does anyone know the exeact situation? How much time does one have at hand to file it with the scope of getting it in time?

Regards
Maneesh

H1 quota is almost completed.

It quota is already filled on Jan 17th, 2006.

mnmm0777 said:
Hi

Regards
Maneesh

H1 Quota!!

My OPT period ends Sept 31 2006.

If I apply for H1B (transfer from F1) in January, do I have to wait till October 2006 for approval?
Can I get H1 approval before May and Can I go for H1 stamping anytime between May and October?

My question is....what is the time gap between approval, stamping, and OPT expiration without having to take a break from work (other than going for stamping)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

H4 Masters Degree

Hi Friends,

I am sorry if this topic not really related to this thread.

I am on a H4 visa and willing to do MBA degree. What are the requirements? Is this will make my H4 status invalid?

Thanks,
Kerg

You can do your MS/MBA with your H4 legally. However if you plan to work after study, it is recommended to get your F1 so that you will not run out of your 6 yrs H status.

kerglawn said:
Hi Friends,

I am sorry if this topic not really related to this thread.

I am on a H4 visa and willing to do MBA degree. What are the requirements? Is this will make my H4 status invalid?

Thanks,
Kerg