H1B Visa Ottawa Consulate

BECsufferer

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I am writing this to share my expereince with US consulate offices in North-Eastern Canadian provinces i.e. Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec City. I have been blessed by Almighty God to have fortune of paying visit to all above three.

Toronto, close to mid-west states as well as north-eastern states. Plus is english-speaking, vibrant, clean, diverse and modern city. What we miss in US is all present and available their, including a large immigrant community. I bet you will find someone related or known to you already living in the city or it's several sub-urbs. So here's your chance to contact them and save some $$'s for stay. Now getting to point, the US consulate is like nut-shell. The security gaurds are real obnoxious bastards. So be prepared to their unique rude behavior and avoid contact with them. Now this was few years ago and I may take back my words if that security company has been replaced now. Once you make into the consulate, the things take 180 degree turn. The US officials are real nice and I had very good expereince with them. At my time the visas were not issued same day so , I stayed at family friends house so it didn't cost me any buck. Overall I give Toronto B- grade.

Quebec city, place is far far away from real world. I drove to the place from Michigan. The drive was comfortable while you are in Ontario province. The roads are wide, clean and smooth, plus directions are bi-lingual ( pay attention to what it means in french e.g south is sud). Now all these nice things end, moment you step into Quebec province. First, the highway names change, then the bi-lingual instructions go away, so now you are at mercy of french freaks. Carry road map or use gps-navigation system, cause if you stop to ask the french bastards will never talk back to you in english. No matter how many times you tell them, you are not Canadian and are coming from States. They just think all english speaking people are Ontario people entrenching into their dwindling french past. This rediculous saga will continue while you are in Quebec. I happen to have taken wrong turn in Montreal and experienced this first hand. Luckily, a NY truck driver overheard me banging my head with french moron and helped me out. The US consulate office is disgrace to States, it's being operated out of two room office in an old biulding. However, I have to admire the scenic location. Outside their gaurd ( note only one incomparison to several at Toronto) is also obnoxious and contemptful Notice how his atitude changes if the visitor speaks in french. Once inside the saga continues, as the consulate people also appear to be french inclined. But the nice thing is they turn back the visas same day. Overall I give the place D+ grade.

Ottawa, again not as far away as Quebec, but double that of Toronto. Everything remains same as in Toronto. Good place to spend time and lots of nice places to visit. If you prefer indian cuisine, goto Haveli, it's walking distance from US consulate. But suggest not to go to Nagina, it's worst place to have indian cuisine. Ok, now about US consulate, ... at entrance the security gaurds are enjoying their work and pleasing. I have been to this consulate twice ( over past 5 years) and both times my expereince remains same. Past the security, the consulate people were also pleasing and courteous. However, the visas are not given back same day. Overall my rating for this place is A grade.

Is Quebec still open for H1b stamping?

Hi there,

It seems that Quebec city is no longer open for H1b stamping. Is that correct? I was trying to book an appointment but it doesnt give me that option. It says that only those people who live in Quebec city area can apply at the consulate.. How true is that?

In your opinion, which is the easiet place to get an appointment out of the consulates you have tried and which has the nicest staff?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I am writing this to share my expereince with US consulate offices in North-Eastern Canadian provinces i.e. Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec City. I have been blessed by Almighty God to have fortune of paying visit to all above three.

Toronto, close to mid-west states as well as north-eastern states. Plus is english-speaking, vibrant, clean, diverse and modern city. What we miss in US is all present and available their, including a large immigrant community. I bet you will find someone related or known to you already living in the city or it's several sub-urbs. So here's your chance to contact them and save some $$'s for stay. Now getting to point, the US consulate is like nut-shell. The security gaurds are real obnoxious bastards. So be prepared to their unique rude behavior and avoid contact with them. Now this was few years ago and I may take back my words if that security company has been replaced now. Once you make into the consulate, the things take 180 degree turn. The US officials are real nice and I had very good expereince with them. At my time the visas were not issued same day so , I stayed at family friends house so it didn't cost me any buck. Overall I give Toronto B- grade.

Quebec city, place is far far away from real world. I drove to the place from Michigan. The drive was comfortable while you are in Ontario province. The roads are wide, clean and smooth, plus directions are bi-lingual ( pay attention to what it means in french e.g south is sud). Now all these nice things end, moment you step into Quebec province. First, the highway names change, then the bi-lingual instructions go away, so now you are at mercy of french freaks. Carry road map or use gps-navigation system, cause if you stop to ask the french bastards will never talk back to you in english. No matter how many times you tell them, you are not Canadian and are coming from States. They just think all english speaking people are Ontario people entrenching into their dwindling french past. This rediculous saga will continue while you are in Quebec. I happen to have taken wrong turn in Montreal and experienced this first hand. Luckily, a NY truck driver overheard me banging my head with french moron and helped me out. The US consulate office is disgrace to States, it's being operated out of two room office in an old biulding. However, I have to admire the scenic location. Outside their gaurd ( note only one incomparison to several at Toronto) is also obnoxious and contemptful Notice how his atitude changes if the visitor speaks in french. Once inside the saga continues, as the consulate people also appear to be french inclined. But the nice thing is they turn back the visas same day. Overall I give the place D+ grade.

Ottawa, again not as far away as Quebec, but double that of Toronto. Everything remains same as in Toronto. Good place to spend time and lots of nice places to visit. If you prefer indian cuisine, goto Haveli, it's walking distance from US consulate. But suggest not to go to Nagina, it's worst place to have indian cuisine. Ok, now about US consulate, ... at entrance the security gaurds are enjoying their work and pleasing. I have been to this consulate twice ( over past 5 years) and both times my expereince remains same. Past the security, the consulate people were also pleasing and courteous. However, the visas are not given back same day. Overall my rating for this place is A grade.

Immi;

Please read my original note regarding your question about nicest place.

As of Quebec, you may be right, they might have stopped entertaining outsiders. I cannot say anything on this.

Good luck and hope I was helpful.