H1B visa appointment at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico on Oct 23rd 2007

CAPDJUL2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,

I'm planing to get my H1 visa stamped at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico on OCT 23rd 2007. Are there anyone who is having same plan as mine?

Also, do we need a Mexican visa or permit to reach the consulate at Cuidad Mexico. Please provide your comments.

Thanking in advance,
CAPDJUL2002

Hi CAPDJUL2002,
Not sure about the place Ciudad Juarez. But I stayed in Phoenix,AZ 3hrs drive away from Nogales, MX. I have been to Nogales,MX three times. I never applied for Mexican VISA/Permit/Insurance (though we dont drive across border). I guess it should be same for this place also.

On the way across, I just ask formally US Customs and Border Patrol Officers. They say smiling "As long as you have Valid 1-94/Visa/GC/US Passport, you can come back to US". To your surprise, there is NO MEXICAN Border Customs and Patrol officer there whom you can ask. Its just a revolving door to enter Mexico. :D

Hi CAPDJUL2002,
Not sure about the place Ciudad Juarez. But I stayed in Phoenix,AZ 3hrs drive away from Nogales, MX. I have been to Nogales,MX three times. I never applied for Mexican VISA/Permit/Insurance (though we dont drive across border). I guess it should be same for this place also.

On the way across, I just ask formally US Customs and Border Patrol Officers. They say smiling "As long as you have Valid 1-94/Visa/GC/US Passport, you can come back to US". To your surprise, there is NO MEXICAN Border Customs and Patrol officer there whom you can ask. Its just a revolving door to enter Mexico. :D

Thank you Lalitrajpati. I have a valid I-94 till OCT 30th. So, I guess I should not have any problem, even if there is any problem with my stamping or Mexico permit. I'll try my best to see get MX visa /permit before the trip.
- CAPDJUL2002

Hello

I have plans to get my H1 stamped at Cuidad, MX on OCT 17 2007. Please let me know if anyone has the same plan as mine.

Do we need Mexican Visa / permit?
i have sent my required docs to victorAlso, do we Thanks in advance...

Do we get the visa back in the same day in Ciudad Juarez

Hello, I have a visa appointment on Oct-16-2007. Do any of you guys know whether we get the stamped passport back on the same day in Ciudad Juarez.

Hello, I have a visa appointment on Oct-16-2007. Do any of you guys know whether we get the stamped passport back on the same day in Ciudad Juarez.

As per my understanding and going through the forums, it looks like we would get the stamped passport on the next day of interview/appointment in Ciudad Juarez.

krissundar77/sam999,

Are you planning to apply for Mexican visa/permit for visa appointment? when I contacted Victor Garcia, he suggested we don't need any visa/permit, if we have a valid visa/I-94.

CAPDJUL2002

I am also planniong to go to Mexico for H1B stampping but i do not have valid visa on passport. What will happen if they give me 221 (g) form without stamp on passport can i come back to USA? any one had same situation please help me here. Thanks

CAPDJUL2002
Havent applied for Mexican visa yet, Victor Garcia told me the same answer as we do not need any Visa/ permit if we have a valid passport / I94. let me know the findings..

Hello Guys,

I'm planing to get my H1 visa stamped at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico on OCT 23rd 2007. Are there anyone who is having same plan as mine?

Also, do we need a Mexican visa or permit to reach the consulate at Cuidad Mexico. Please provide your comments.

Thanking in advance,
CAPDJUL2002

I am also planning same time we can go together, can you let me know how to book appointmnet? please send me the link

krissundar77/sam999,
The DS156 form that we filled online has an expiry date of 09/30/2007, whereas we are already in OCT 2007. Did you notice that. Will this form be OK for visa interview? (DS157 form is fine with the expiration date.)
- CAPDJUL2002

Experiences at Cuidad Juarez

Hello Guys,
I would appreciate if you post your experiences after your visits. My wife has an appointment on Nov 3rd(H1B renewal). I am interested to know about the stay at the hotel in Cuidad Juarez and how long it took to get the passport back with the stamp.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
KAS

Hi sam999/krissundar77

Could you please post your visa appointment experience at Ciudad Juarez. That would be of valuable info for us.

Thanking in advance,
CAPDJUL2002

Hi,
I successfully completed my H1B visa stamping at Ciudad Juarez, MX on OCT 23rd. I will recommend everyone to take the service of Victor Garcia. Everything went very smooth and weather was fine this week. Let me know if you have any questions.
- CAPDJUl2002

How long did it take them to return your passport ?

Hi Capd,
Congrats. When did you get your passport back ? Did you have to stay an additional day ?

Let me know.
Thanks.
KAS