H1B Visa 2015

Kevin Mayorca

Hi,

I've read some information on H1B visa and limitations on quantities and month of the year to start working.

It's still not clear for me.

Basically, I need to know if I can get a company to sponsor me with an H1B visa to start working beginning of 2015. It could be February, March or April.

H1B visas are subject to a quota (a cap). Some employers (such as Universities) can obtain a visa that is cap exempt. However if you are not being employed by an organization such as that, you would need to wait until the next allocation of H1B visas since all the visas for 2015 are allocated.

The next season starts on April 1 for October 1 2015 earliest start dates. For the last couple of years there have been more applications received in the first few days of April that they stop accepting applications within a few days and hold a lottery to see which applications will even be processed.

Ok. I still don't understand.
I have a H1B visa on my passport that was issued on Feb 2004. I didn't have to wait for the start of the season on April. Why?
I also have another H1B visa I received in December 2006. How could I get that so late if the season starts on April?

Ok. I still don't understand.
I have a H1B visa on my passport that was issued on Feb 2004. I didn't have to wait for the start of the season on April. Why?
I also have another H1B visa I received in December 2006. How could I get that so late if the season starts on April?

They might have been cap exempt or they might have been in years where the allocation wasn't exhausted as quickly as it is now. Feel free to google that to find out.

I searched on Google the Cap reach date for 2004 fiscal year. It was on October 1, 2003.
However, the company that is not cap exempt, contacted me only on December 2003 and I got the H1B visa on January and started working on February.

This is very confusing to me.
What does it mean the cap reached on October 1, 2003? Does it mean I cannot get a H1B visa after October 1, 2003 for the year 2004?