H1B Urgent Question

kaali

Registered Users (C)
I am in H1B Visa. My employer is not paying me what they told in ins papers. Now they are making new offer letter and want to update in ins but it is very low. I heard that there are catagories and certain amount that has to be paid to employes?

Help what should I do?

kaali said:
I am in H1B Visa. My employer is not paying me what they told in ins papers. Now they are making new offer letter and want to update in ins but it is very low. I heard that there are catagories and certain amount that has to be paid to employes?

Help what should I do?

Can you tell me your job title, state you work and offer, I can tell you whetehr it is OK for your cattegory

My Job title is Multimedia Developer. I am in MA and my initial pay offer was $45K but they are paying me $10/hr

kaali said:
My Job title is Multimedia Developer. I am in MA and my initial pay offer was $45K but they are paying me $10/hr

It is far below to the standard for any state, actually this salary is not eligible for a H1 job. Just 4 $ more than the minimum wage (McDonal) in USA. If they send this salary to INS, your H1 may get revoked.
Better start looking out for a job. Mean time upgrade yourself by taking some course in Instructional Technology. There are lot of vacancy in educational instituitions for their online course material preparation.

Last edited by a moderator: