H1B Transfer

niroshan95

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Company A sponsors my H1B. If I get the H1B stamping in Dec or Jan, can I transfer that H1B to Company B immediately?

How long it would take for the transfer process?

what are the things needed?

If I travel to the USA with Company A H1B, Should I come back to India to get the stamping again for Company B?

Or coudl I have the approval alone and work?

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

I've got almost the same situation besides the facts I'm having my H1B approval in my hands but Company A has already changed its mind and is not going to bring me to the States any way. niroshan95, have you manged to learn anything? Thanks.

niroshan95 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Company A sponsors my H1B. If I get the H1B stamping in Dec or Jan, can I transfer that H1B to Company B immediately? ---------- No. For transfer they need 3 recent paystubs.

How long it would take for the transfer process? ----- Depends on the type of processing and service center. ( Premium is fast 15 days but $1K fee. Regular 3 months.... )

what are the things needed? --------- LCA from company B and copy of I-797 from A and 3 recent paystubs. For detailed answer contact a lawyer.

If I travel to the USA with Company A H1B, Should I come back to India to get the stamping again for Company B? ------ No only if your I-94 or if the stamp expires.

Or coudl I have the approval alone and work? --- Yes

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi hatwar,

I am in the same, but the difference being that I have my H1B Visa stamped for company A and I have taken a transfer to company B. If I go to my home country, can I come back to US on company A's stamp but company B's I94?

Thanks in advance.