H1B Transfer without Revalidation

innovative

Registered Users (C)
I got my H1B extension but my H1B Visa is expired. Can I get my H1B transferred to another employer without getting the new Visa Stamped(Revalidation) while being in US.

innovative said:
I got my H1B extension but my H1B Visa is expired. Can I get my H1B transferred to another employer without getting the new Visa Stamped(Revalidation) while being in US.
Sure you can.

Thanks for your response.

I checked that the Transfer process requires to submit the copy of the current Visa. Since my visa is expired can there be any issues in the transfer.

Also once the transfer is completed is there any time period for getting the visa revalidated?
:)

Visa revalidation can be done in the USA within one year of your visa being expired. It does not matter which employer the visa belongs to originally or however many times you have changed jobs.

You have to keep one thing in mind. The visa revalidation process is supposed to stop in September, 2004 as the State Deptt is coming out with new visas that require biometric fingerprints. Since during revalidation they cannot take your fingerprinting, most lawyers are guessing that they will stop visa revalidation altogether. Check different sites and news groups for more information.

H1B transfer during extension period

My H1 visa expired on Apr 15, 2004 but I have an extension. Also, I have a new offer letter from another firm. Can the new employer immediately sponsor my H1 and if it comes through, can I start working for new employer immediately and make a trip to India for re-stamping of visa in December 2004? If I cannot work for new employer immediately, do I have to go to India and get my H1 re-stamped before I work for new employer?